What's wrong with their feathers?

Quote:
AWESOME!!! So could this mean that by crossing to unrelated birds, survival rates might get higher???

Yes, that's exactly why they're being outcrossed.

Just candled my first batch of f1 x f1. Looks like I have 1 clear, 1 that died early, and 4 doing well. They're due April 4th.

Quote:
AWESOME!!! So could this mean that by crossing to unrelated birds, survival rates might get higher???

Yes, that's exactly why they're being outcrossed.

Just candled my first batch of f1 x f1. Looks like I have 1 clear, 1 that died early, and 4 doing well. They're due April 4th.

Thats great news - now I'm looking even more forward to setting my fluffy guy up with his new harem of 5 unrelated girls - he's just ITCHING to get out of the garage, and I'm just waiting for the weather to break before moving him outdoors with them. I almost did it last week, but didn't get around to it - now I'm glad I didn't, because they're calling for SNOW on Sunday!!!

Congrats on all the recent chicks!!! And good luck on the upcoming hatches!!! Keep us all up-to-date on progress!!!

Quote:
OMG - I must get some!!
th.gif

My incubator is full again - now it's your turn!!
lol.png
I just hatched 16 out of 21, and Nicole had 12 of 14 - hatch rates are definitely up!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=473155
Up for auction: 12 eggs from my original 'fluffy' male (hatched from Jubaby's eggs) and his pure blue/black Ameraucana ladies.

Eggs will ship on Monday, April 4th!

I have paired my 'fluffy' male with good quality pure Ameraucanas from Pips&Peeps line to improve their egg color and hatch viability. You will hatch 75% blue and 25% splash chicks, all will have smooth/normal feathers and be 'fluffy' carriers.

14631_ffa-ladies.jpg

14631_2011-mar-hatch.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom