What's wrong with this picture???

You look darn good and authentic too!

Love your soaps! The cucu=melon was a little disappointing scent but the soap bubbles and the feel of my skin was awesome....so thats one thing good going for this bar of soap. My daughter LOVES the lavendar and goat milk.

Wonder if I can help selling some of your soap at reenactments next year????? Just a few that I can sell and I will have my own sample soap for them to try out LOL.

Quote:
Whoa you know a lot. My DH has been reenacting for about 30 years...he's 32. lol. I'm not really that into it but since I'm going with him to Fort Branch next weekend and I'm planning on selling some things I figured I'd get all dressed up.

I can't afford those great big beautiful dresses like you have on in the picture so I'm going be a poor farm girl at the event...just like in real life.
lol.png

Well, my hubby is 44 years and been doing it for 14 or 15 years and I have only been at it for 10 years or so....and we did meet each other at an CW event too LOL. I am only 42 and using the hoop dresses are fine to walk to "town" but not for camp fires! Too hazardous and running around with my daughter isnt all that great either.

I bought a lovely dress made by Katie Mann...designer dresses in TX and she usually puts her dresses on Ebay and they are goreous and perfect for PLUS sizes women like me! Hardest part is finding the correct hair piece for my wedge style haircut.....women back in those days dont have short hair. I had long hair and after I had Katie, my daughter, it was awful and decided to cut it off short!

I have multiple dresses, camp style and most comfy are the camp dresses like you have displayed. I wear my corsets as well, would need a chemise that would fit me LOL or find a boxers style lightweight cotton shirt.

I am going to have to look for my other gowns but it ws not stored in computer

Wonder how many CW people we have here on the board???

Hubby wants to take my chickesn to the event but not too crazy about it LOL. Had a guy brought his pet rooster at one event in Iowa and it was neat! It was a OE game. Gentle as he could be! I think its a BBR.

big_smile.png
You look very civil war era! I think it would be kinda cool to dress up like that and do some reenactments...of course I don't think they do that up here in Yankee country.
hmm.png

My MIL maded my dress. I just got new shoes from Blockade Runner. They have great stuff. The shoes are 7" high from sole to top and need to be broken in real good before I spend a 3 day weekend in them. Very stiff leather. Ouch!

My DH keeps talking about taking a chicken or 2 to an event but I know what'll happen. The guys will get drunk and start craving chicken.

Quote:
I bet they do. Google it. My DH knows a ton of guys from up north that fight with the rebels at events. Mostly guys from PA and Ohio. He belongs to the Stonewall Brigade and most of the guys are northerners but they're southern supporters, they always fight rebel.

We go both ways...Yankee or Rebel! Whatever the event is short of, we fall in.

We are part of Terry's TX Rangers here in Illinois and travel extensively in Illinois and some to MO and Indiana.

Anyone knows when is the next years National event? Someone told me Gettysburg, PA!

I asked my DH if they had indian squaws roaming the camps in white women's fashions back then...he didn't know the answer to that. I told him they do when I'm around!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom