What's wrong

Jan 12, 2021
New baby chicks hatched earlier today!! 2/11 that I have so far! This black one has yet to stand, when I go back to check sometimes it's in another spot, but I've personally never seen it move. (The white one seems to move around and stand quite a bit and I've yet to see it sitting like the black one). It's alive and chirps and moves it's head a bit here and there, but otherwise it sits like in the picture... Is something wrong or is it just tired from hatching?

(The one where she's kind of still in the egg is about an hour older but it seems to be a clearer photo)

Attachments

• IMG_20220707_162121342.jpg
    IMG_20220707_162121342.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 174159.jpeg
    174159.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 1
How many hours ago did it hatch? Did the white chick hatch before or after? Some chicks take more time to get their legs than others. Think of it like any newborn it takes time for them to gain the strength to walk since they hatch with no muscle strength. I usually give them a day to recoup from hatching before I start to worry and if there is still some issues they get dosed with poultry cell.

How many hours ago did it hatch? Did the white chick hatch before or after? Some chicks take more time to get their legs than others. Think of it like any newborn it takes time for them to gain the strength to walk since they hatch with no muscle strength. I usually give them a day to recoup from hatching before I start to worry and if there is still some issues they get dosed with poultry cell.
The chicks actually hatched a couple days early so I was at work when it happened. At least I came home to a nice surprise!

Back
Top Bottom