What's your dumb dog story?

I remember growing up that the family dog had puppies on my bed once, in the middle of the night. I woke up to whinning and screamed for my parents. Grossest thing I had ever seen at the time. And I had to go and sleep on the couch for the rest of the night! The dog had a nice bed made up for her and it wasn't good enough:)

Fast forward 15 years or so...Dad's dog is deaf and going blind. She is outside doing her thing before bed and my Dad hears what sounds like a baby crying out in the yard. (We live in the country) So Dad takes his flashlight and goes out and investigates. There is a pack of coyotes just on the other side of the fence, trying to get the dog to come to them. Well the dog lives since she couldn't hear the coyotes!

My sister in laws boyfriend's dog is so dumb it ran up from the field with a stick in its eye...it's even dumber with one eye....and he is always trying to herd the horses and carries around hunks of wood or 4x4's.

I have similar stories.

My older dog in her younger years was used to jumping through the patio door that was missing it's glass. For years my family went through the door using the hole and not opening it? for some unknown reason...usually had a drink in the hand and what not...

So anyway, my dad came home and decided to put the glass in it. My dog jumped through it...shattered the glass. The dog was ok. Dad decided to use plexiglass this time. Dog jumped through, popped out the plexiglass and dad gave up.

I was walking her through the park one day and she lunged at something in the leaves. She started YELPING loudly...when she turned and I was able to see a squirrel attached to her snout. She ran around with this thing attached to her and I was trying to grab a hold of her and it but couldn not do so. Finally, he let go and staggered off. Creeped me out because what squirrel can't out run a dog? I kept my eye on her and she was fine...no rabies or anything. I guess squirrels get old too but this one's equilibrium was off and it didn't look right.

You think that would have taught her to quit chasin squirrel...nope, she's a geriatric squirrel chaser.

My first apt. I put the cat food in the middle of the kitchen table pushed back against the wall to keep the dog out of it. I'd return from either college or my job to find the food gone and the table clothe scrunched up.

How was she doing this? I thought, if she puts her front legs on the table, how is she to reach ALL the way back there to get at the food? It is physically impossible.

So I called her into the kitchen and patted the table and told her up...expecting to see her place her front paws onto the table...but OH NO...my black shepard mix jumped ALL THE WAY onto the table like it was nothing. I was shocked. I immediately told her to get down. And in the process her back legs scrunched the table clothe up just like I'd been finding it.

Mystery solved.

And just to prove it to people, she performed this trick on command and the cat food dish was moved higher.

me,
g

OMG!!! Tooo Funny !!!
I just have to share this one....

My little male beagle, Mr. Rocko,...was only about 8 to 9 weeks old and I had him laying on my lap - tummy side up. We were playing with a little black rubber ball...rubbing his tummy and letting him kick it with his feet....

Well...I accidently dropped the little rubber ball....but, Mr. Rocko really wanted a little black ball to play with....(yes....here it comes...) as I bent down to pick up our rubber ball....Mr. Rocko spies another ball and chomps down!

Oh, My! The terror and surprise in his eyes ! Yelps !!! and Runs off hiding! I laughed so hard...tears were streaming....and I giggle everytime Mr. Rocko looks at a black rubber ball....and slooooowlly backs away......
lau.gif
lau.gif

tomcio wrote in post #9:
It turns out my dogs do toad! Yep, they get their willies off of licking toads in the yard. It's been 2 years, and we can't seem to get them to leave the things alone. They will find them, corner them and lick them for hours on end? Should I have an intervention?

By any chance, are your two dogs named Cheech and Chong?

wink.png

I am not sure how this will tickle any body's funny bone, but our dog will eat anything, including rocks and glass. YEAH GLASS. It hasn't hurt him yet and our kids leave things all over the yard, so.... But glass??

Is this a dumb dog or a dumb human story? I dunno.

We have a swimming pool with the requisite fence around it. I had to take the dog out to potty, but it was a boiling hot day and I also wanted to go swimming. Aha, I thought, I shall combine the two activities by letting the dog do his thing in the swimming pool area. All my swimsuits were in the wash, though. Not a big deal, the backyard has privacy fencing aplenty, I decided to go skinny dipping. After two beers, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I clipped the leash on, grabbed a towel, stripped to my undies and went into the pool, shutting the gate behind me. Unclipped leash, and dog dutifully watered the pool landscaping. Finished disrobing (this was the dumb part) and jumped in the pool.

Dog carefully paced along the fence, shoved his nose against one particular board in the fence, shouldered the board aside and ran like a bat out of heck. I yelled, "Charlie, COME!" The same dog that routinely came running when called, this time merely smiled at me, wagged his tail, and ran into the neighbor's yard. I ran up to the fence, called again, he hopped another fence with incredible grace and ran across the neighbor's yard. I wrapped the (now altogether smaller than I'd have liked) towel around as many embarrassing bits as I could and ran, barefoot, to the edge of the property. Dog ran another yard over, wagging his tail. I ran down the street, cursing twigs and pebbles and dogs all the way, until I cornered him three doors away. He wiggled out of his collar and would not allow me to grab him until I really dropped the towel and picked him up bodily and carried his butt back to the house.

My neighbors love me.
roll.png

Quote:
Yeah, I'd agree that was the human rather than the dog but you made me laugh harder than anyone else so you win!
lol.png

Last edited:
My dog farts out loud and gets scared and runs away with his tail tucked. He doesn't seem to know what happens and is spooked out for a bit. Then he stakes out that spot and makes sure it's completely safe before he lays back down.

Back
Top Bottom