What's your dumb dog story?

I was duck hunting over a pond when some wood ducks flew over I fired a couple of shots off and saw one go down my yellow lab Ruby swam out and retrieve the duck then she took off again into the pond and dove under the water, when she resurfaced she had an old glass quart size 7up bottle in her mouth with water pouring out of the end I still have that bottle today.

I had to think about this one to remember, me and my feeble brain. Back about 17 years ago I had a chocloate lab that was dumber than a box of rocks. We lived in Bishop, in the eastern sierra's and there is quite a bit of wildlife up there. Coco, the dumb dog, took off into the brush, and I was afraid she would fall in the river about 20 ft down the side of the road. So I am standing there hollering for her to come back. It took five minues for this dog, a RETRIEVER, to come back with a pheasant in her mouth - the head of the bird in her mouth and the bird is beating the peewaddin outta this poor dog with it's wings, but the dog would not let go. She got so scratched up. I practically had to beat the dog myself to get her let go.

I used to live down in town. My Yorkie was about 12 weeks old and just a tiny little guy. One morning, about 5:30 a.m., I was makin coffee and wearin nuthin but a great big T-shirt....I opened the back door and let my Yorkie Raz out to take care of his business, and there was this great big Rottweiler standing right in front of us. (Yard wasnt fenced cause the Landlord kept saying she'd put one in and didnt)
Raz took one look at that huge monster dog and took right off after it!! Why do little dogs think they're so big??
And so, it was on....Raz was barking and snarling, all 3 pounds of him, and I run out the door screaming NO NO, RAZ NO....and this Rottweiler runs off down the driveway in terror, with Raz and I chasing after him...he runs right up the street and I had to keep chasing them, for two whole blocks, yup, wearing nothin but a huge t-shirt, screaming for Raz to stop....Sure glad I caught him before that big dog turned around and figured out what was really chasing him?? Dumb dog, Dumb owner, who knows, he's still kicken at 13 years old....I love him....Tina/tfpets

I sort of ignored this thread because I won't own a dog, but today I remembered a story from when I was a kid.

We lived in Anaheim, and had a Super-Poodle. At the time he was one of only 8 in the United States. His name was Hondo, and he was so big he used to pull us around the block on our skateboards.

One day he got me going so fast! I was yelling at him to slow down, but he didn't. As we rounded the corner near our house, my skateboard did not make it. I hit the fire-hydrant at full speed and it knocked me out.

I woke up lying in the street with Hondo standing over me drooling all over my face and hair.

My dog will chase groundhogs squirrels whatever is stupid enough to run. But, she doesn't really know what to do with them once she catches them!

We live on a huge hill and dog takes off downhill chasing a squirrel at top speed. She catches up and bends down to snatch up her prize

and promptly somersaults head over heels rolling over and over down the hill --- with the squirrel in her mouth!!

Finally, she comes to a stop and shakes her head violently from side to side. I think that is it for that squirrel when she flings the squirrel in the air and it hits a tree! AND STICKS! The squirrel was so confused! It must have been so dizzy and traumatized but thought "Whoa that dog threw me back into the tree!"

Dog thought this was a great game and stood at the foot of the tree wagging her tail in invitation to come play some more!

Picture if you will, moving day. New house, young Dobie, new pool in the back yard not even fenced yet. We made dozens of trips between the old house and new and the final trip was to bring the dogs. I stayed at the new house, putting stuff away.

They pulled up beside the house, and I came out the back door, intending to help unload the dogs. Son did not wait and instead opened one crate door. Dobie puppy jumps out in a flash and comes tearing around the corner looking for me. I was on the far side of the pool and the silly pup tried to RUN ACROSS THE POOL to get to me!

He made it about half way before his momentum was no longer enough to keep him on the surface of the water. He sank like a stone and STOOD ON THE BOTTOM, bubbles coming from his open mouth as he looked up at me as if to say, "What just happened?" He didn't even TRY to swim!

I jumped in and pulled him to the surface, at which point he started to thrash, nearly drowning us both. By then everybody else from inside the house came rushing out to rescue us!

I will ALWAYS remember the amazed look on his face when he started to sink! I guess he thought that blue thing was just a patch of blue grass or a blue tarp or something.

lol.png

Quote:
OKAY well how ironic that I responded about my dumb dog. Well not only 5 minutes ago my dog did a fart and a turd ball flew out and bounced across the tile. He had hamburger mixed with his food earlier. Anyway, we are still in awe. We are all pointing fingers and laughing at the dog. He's all ashamed and scared. In a few minutes he will stake out his spot and lay back down when he thinks it's safe. Poor thing. I'm gonna make my son pick it up. That is if he can compose himself before I lose my patience and do it myself.

This is more of a dumb me story but I have to share. A few years ago I was on a bowling league. Came home and went straight to bed after having a few. Had my yellow lab (puppy at that time) and older Bichon in my room with me. The windows were open because it was warm and the windows go all the way to the floor (Century home). Fell asleep while watching TV and woke up a little while later and couldn't find the dogs. Now, my room is not huge...so I was calling them and their little noses looked IN at me - The lab pushed the screen up and the two of them went for a walk on the front porch roof!

lol.png
I had an under sized sheltie and a jack russell as well and they loved to chase rabbits,all I had to do was yell rabbit and point and they would take off like a streak after the rabbit.
Well the Jack Russell ran after the one rabbit and while chasing that one it suddenly dropped to the ground and she jumped right over it and kept on going,(smart rabbits i think) .

The sheltie was chasing the other one and both stopped at the same time and this rabbit did the same thing and dropped to the ground and the funny part about this was that the rabbit and the sheltie were face to face about 3 feet apart and the sheltie didn't even see the rabbit and was just standing there looking around for it.
Now are they smart dogs or what???
I think the OR what wins out.

Back
Top Bottom