What's your favorite automatic door?

If you don't want to deal with the AA battery, this one come with internal 5000mAh lithium battery. With phone backup battery pack, car jumper with 5V output, solar panel 5V output, Ryobi 18V inverter, or 110VAC to 5VDC adapter would allow you to charge the internal 5000mAh lithium probably one a year. The build in solar will not last long, just like many solar garden path light 1-2 year top.

https://www.amazon.com/Automatic-Ch...refix=automatic+lithium+chick,aps,136&sr=8-18

My Engineer husband is making one from scratch. Our coop is on a friend's property and hub's plan is to attach it to their wifi and we can send it an email ot "open" and "Close" and monitor it with a camera. The Hub is into overkill. He bought a door opener that can open a 300 pound door lol. Plus if it senses anything chickeny it will open again. But It will also be on a timer and play a sound to announce it's movements. This is not a coop door. It is a run door to the outside fenced in area under the pecan tree. We'll see how it unfolds....

I trust my husband's engineering skills 1000%. He has made fine coop doors before. He makes airplane parts for the military with tolerances of less than 1/10,000 of an inch. Plus if there needs to be adjustments he's the one providing warranty. Everything he makes is top notch. Plus he has a great time making the door. And, it is made right here in the USA. No Cheap Chinese krap.

I trust my husband's engineering skills 1000%. He has made fine coop doors before. He makes airplane parts for the military with tolerances of less than 1/10,000 of an inch. Plus if there needs to be adjustments he's the one providing warranty. Everything he makes is top notch. Plus he has a great time making the door. And, it is made right here in the USA. No Cheap Chinese krap.
If your husband wants to learn from the project, go for it. Otherwise, you can buy JVR Wifi version for around $150. There are advantage DIY: Program the software way you want, upgrade/change as need, select hardware grade, etc...

Last edited:
Please ask your husband to provide part list and software on this site. I am sure many of us want to build one, but don't have the software skill.

I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression. We are not making them to sell.
His creations are proprietary, won't be sharing, Sorry.
I'll post photos when its installed.

You can order a door directly from the manufacturer through chickendoors.com. You can place your order online or call and talk to them directly if you have any questions.
Thank you! We are the manufacturers of the Pullet-Shut chicken door. I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding it. Our door isn't the cheapest and you won't find it on amazon. It is made of quality materials and is built to last years and years, long after plastic has gotten brittle and cracked. We're also one of the oldest chicken door brands, starting back in 2010. We've seen many brands come and go over the years. And if you do have a problem, we have a phone number you can call for help. And we sell parts if something does fail, so you don't have to buy the whole door again.

I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression. We are not making them to sell.
His creations are proprietary, won't be sharing, Sorry.
I'll post photos when its installed.
No biggy.....I own 2 myself (Chicken Guard Premium -2016 and Kastty - 2023). It is getting cheap every year due to flood from other countries.

Back
Top Bottom