What's your favorite automatic door?

meganmtea

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2022
Hi all! I'm sure this has been answered one million times, but I'm desperate and don't trust amazon reviews. :)

What's your favorite automatic coop door you've used? We've been using the Kebonnixs door from amazon but the batteries completely corroded everything inside and now it no longer works (it was great while it lasted 5 months!). I'm interested in the solar power options but don't necessarily need that, I just want something reliable. Thanks in advance!!

I love my Run Chicken Door from Slovenia. I have 2, one for each coop. I replaced batteries last winter after having -40* wind chill. Other than that no problems. So easy to install and it is preprogrammed according to the light in the morning and nightfall. Perfect for me as I live about 5 miles away.

I've had the Omlet door for the past two years, as long as I've had chickens, and I definitely recommend it. I have it set to open and close based on light levels, though it does have a time option as well. It works well even in the winter temperatures down to -20sC with windchill that I experience here, though it does get a little bit sticky (seeming like it has slightly more trouble than usual closing, though not by much). I will have to replace the battery at some point, but the original one is still going after two years.

In the first year, there was a few times where the door did close earlier on super gray, gloomy days, locking some of my chickens out of the coop. I'm still not sure if this was an error by the chickens where they didn't realize they did need to go up, or if it was a mishap with the settings. Either way, it hasn't happened recently.

I recommend the Pullet Shut door. I have had my first one for 8 years and it has never failed to open or close the entire time I have had it. I have the battery with trickle charger option and got 7 years out of my battery. It is a well made, dependable door that you should get years of use out of.

I recommend the Pullet Shut door. I have had my first one for 8 years and it has never failed to open or close the entire time I have had it. I have the battery with trickle charger option and got 7 years out of my battery. It is a well made, dependable door that you should get years of use out of.
Hello. Could u tell me where to buy the Pullet Shut Door I can’t seem to locate a place to purchase it from. Thanks and appreciate. Sounds like a great door f it lasted you nearly 8 years. Thanks and appreciate.

Hello. Could u tell me where to buy the Pullet Shut Door I can’t seem to locate a place to purchase it from. Thanks and appreciate. Sounds like a great door f it lasted you nearly 8 years. Thanks and appreciate.
You can order a door directly from the manufacturer through chickendoors.com. You can place your order online or call and talk to them directly if you have any questions.

Back
Top Bottom