Whats your favorite breed of...

As far as coloring and versatility I LOVE Silver Appleyard, spring can't get here fast enough for me. For comedy and character I love Runner and Muscovy ducks. But in general I love ducks so this is a silly question for me to answer.

i originally wanted pekins. i loooove pekins!!! but i got muscovies and they have grown on me. even though mine are being terrors right now lol i still love them to death. haha

so muscovies, then pekin
smile.png

I had a cousin give me some Pekin babies last year, and that's when the obsession started! haha

I love how the girls yell at me all the time, so cheeky! they stalk the house and if they catch sight of me in a window they stand there yelling at me until I go feed them something- they have trained me well
tongue2.gif

Then the Khaki Campbells came and they are so sweet and gentle and pretty they totally have my heart.

And then came the fawn Indian Runners and I just can't look at them without smiling and laughing! They look like little old men when they run!
Cracks me up every time
gig.gif

And then...., and then...., and that is how the obsession goes....
wee.gif

They are all great except my one male magpie. He is a bully and I dont care for him much. I love the silver appleyards, they are beautiful in color and they are huge. I like just about all types. I have rouen,silver appleyards, runners of different colors, khakis, cayuga, saxony, swedish blue and black, magpie, and a few mutts. I love them all they are all fun in there own way!!

Hookbills! I like the solid colored ones best - either dusky or white - but I don't have any white ones yet
sad.png

My favorite thing about them is that the ducks have pink bills and the drakes have blue bills!

Here's my beautiful pair. They're going to be joined by some new ducklings from Holderreads in just a few months!

Denny, the drake, all puffed up after a swim in his kiddie pool:

4271559983_d286ca489f.jpg

And pretty little Eve:

4271557227_1eec16c80f.jpg

These pictures were taken back in November when all the ducks in this pen were just 3 months old - Denny is SO much prettier and less raggedy looking now!
smile.png

My second favorites are Dark Campbells - you can see fat little Piper with the purple band in both pictures - and Indian Runners, because they're so elegant looking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom