What's your favorite cookbook?

ibreathe4u

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 27, 2012
Portland,OR
I love to cook and am always looking for new cookbooks. The other day while visiting a friend she made grilled pork tacos from a recipe out of "America's Test Kitchen" cookbook from the tv series 2011-2013. I immediately went out and bought it. It's mammoth to be sure, I recently dislocated my shoulder and couldn't pick the thing up.

So far I've made of the recipes: Tikka Masala, Asian bbq glazed salmon (my husband caught his first salmon a couple weeks ago) and skillet beef stroganoff. All three were really delicious.

Tonight I'm making huevos rancheros with homemade refried beans on the side (speaking of which, I need to start them instead of spending my afternoon on BYC). Tomorrow, Peruvian chicken.

I'm also going to make a strawberry pie, but since my shoulder is messed up, I don't think I can make my own crust, the rolling motion would kill me.

So, do tell, what's your favorite go to cookbook? What's your favorite recipe from it? Help feed my cookbook addiction!

The best cookbook I've ever seen is 'Bell's Best', and every recipe I've ever tried from it has been great. It's full of our grandmother's recipes, old southern classics.

My favorite recipe is Pepper Steak, pg 535 lol

Back
Top Bottom