What's your stress relief?

Tanichca

Sparkle Magnet
May 6, 2009
Akron, Ohio
Hello all. Well, life has been stressful lately, and I've found that when I'm stressed, I LOVE baking, because I can't think of the stressful situation since I'm so busy trying to follow the recipe. Anyway, In the last week, I've made three kinds of cookies, a cake, pudding, pasta, egg salad, pancakes with peach cobbler syrup... you get the picture. And I was wondering... what is it you guys do to help you with stress?

-Tani

take a walk.....and play with the chickens!!!...you have to get out of the kitchen!!!....
smile.png

I'm at the beginning of a long path toward an image of life I've had since I was a kid, but until a few years ago, never did much that would get me to that goal. Well, when I'm having a stressful day, I take a moment to read through some of the books I've collected on topics relating to the things I want to do with my "dream home", and while I'm reading, I take moments to close my eyes and visualize putting those pieces in place. Bit by bit, I'm sort of making a movie in my head that will (hopefully) be completed in reality in a few years, and I sort of take a mini mental vacation there for a while. After that, I realize that anything that's really annoying in the present is just a fleeting moment on the way to my eventual goal. It's weird, I know, but so am I.

tongue.png

i got a hobby that involved fire and hammers.
big_smile.png
(i make silver jewelry, hehe) that usually works.

i wish baking helped me relax! it actually frustrates me hah. probably because i'm no good at it.

I go outside and sit with the chickens. Just sit there quietly watching them go about their everyday lives. Listen to the sounds God has given me. Breathing deeply. And before I know it all the stress has melted away.

Hmm stress I eat it for breakfast with my coffee. No really I like to just enjoy live take a look what's around me the little things in life that matters those are stress relievers. Many times just stopping and listening to nature is my moto.

Back
Top Bottom