What's your stress relief?

I don't stress that bad either, too focused on fixing it than sitting back and stressing over it, and if it's something I can't change, no point in stressing over it.

When I feel totally brain fried though, nothing beats a hot salt bath with a historical fiction book, drown away outside thoughts and read for hours. Or till the water gets cold.

Biking. I don't drive to work. It's a 5 mile RT. I process my day in my head in the morning and unwind on the way home. It keeps me sane.

In the winter, I try to ski to work or at least take my skis on the bus and ski home or ski at lunch. On the less powdery days, I run studs on the bike.

Exercise is my stress relief.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

wow, it seems reading is a really popular way, as is exercise. Sadly, I can't concentrate on a book when I get stressed (though I am an insane bookworm the rest of the time) and exercise is off the menu, do to my joint condition... but these are some cool things, people!

I do several things.

I like to play piano the most; it just seems that the longer that I play my favorite song, my stress just sorta flows out through my fingers and *Poof!* I'm happy again.
tongue.png

I also pray, or read from my missal. Ooo, and I listen to Queen. That works too. Ecspecially Bohemian Raphsody.
tongue.png

I run around in circles talking to myself. No, really. And then when I get tired I go and I sit on the grain bin and talk to a friend that isn't there.
lau.gif
Usually a continuation of an argument.

Oh, and you're (Tanichca) one of my stress relievers.

Mild stress: cutting the grass with scissors (takes forever but really soothing), weeding the sand pile, cutting hair (mine or an animal's), bathing birds, painting, art, riding my horse, eating

Moderate Stress: playing with stress toys, biting my fingers till they bleed, driving fast, loud music, overeating!

Severe Stress: taking a chill pill followed by a long nap in my "relaxation room" (see pics below)

rroom5.jpg

rroom3.jpg

rroom4.jpg

rroom7.jpg

rroom8.jpg

rroom11.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom