What's your temperature?

Hi , It's 79* here in sunny southeastern Michigan, with a high reaching 77* (it's Michigan ,we DON'T argue with our weatherman
lau.gif
) @1 pm.
jumpy.gif

Well, the thunder clouds have moved in, only over the Monterey Bay, so we are cooling off quick now. Lots of thunder out there. Hopefully the lightning will not be setting any more fires, there's enough of those already! Last night I watched 8 horse trailers in an hour pull into the fairgrounds, its an evacuation place, really sad and devastating. This is for the Watsonville fire. Last week it was the Santa Cruz Mts fire, and we still have the Indians fire going on, over 33,000 acres burned there.

ETA, lightning here now, all the way to ground, rain on the hill. shutting down in case of power outage.

Last edited:
I am at 7500 ft altitude, and its 90 stinkin degrees!! I dont have A/C, so its pretty balmy around here, but at night its still getting down in the 40's. I go out a couple of times a day to water things down and cool things off for my goats and chickens, and I have several different shady spots for them. I hear it supposed to hit 115 down in Yuma today...dang, I dont miss that!
tongue.png

117* here in central Arizona (Verde Valley) in the shade in my back yard at 2:30 pm. I haven't heard anything about Yuma, but they say we're only supposed to reach 108* here today. Hmmmm.......wonder if that's the projected temperature of the river?? LOL

It's a bit warm............ugh

114 and up again today. Have the mister going along with the swamp cooler.
also threw out ice . That's our wonderful temp here in Mesa, AZ. along with lots of shade. I have a hen sitting on eggs and she just pants. I put a frozen water bottle by her but don't want to crush eggs or chicks when they hatch. They were knocking on their shells this morning but don't hear anything right now hope all is fine, first time for me.
rebbetzin how do you keep your chickens cool?

Back
Top Bottom