Whats your thoughts on pushy sellers?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Braclin, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Braclin

Braclin KY Chicken Farmer

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    I've been to a couple of swaps and ran into breeders/sellers that refuse to sell me a hen without taking a rooster. Why should you be forced to buy something you dont want to get something you do. I feel its bad business and word gets around. Any sale should be better than no sale. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this subject.

2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

A seller gets pushy with me and I won't buy anything from him. We all want to sell our roosters, but there is no need to be pushy or rude about it.

3. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    I'm with MississipiFarmBoy. Don't get pushy with anything(not just roosters) or I won't buy from you.Oh.. and don't call me honey either. [​IMG]

4. Randy

Randy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    AR
    You aren't being forced into anything. They have pairs for sale. Take it or leave it.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

If they are listed as pairs, I agree, if not, DANG!!!! Most people know that not many people want roosters, and if someone is trying to force them on you they have failed at getting rid of them.

6. Braclin

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    Well in some situations I understand pairs, but when its a trailer full of hens and roosters running around loose they aren't pairs. Then the seller says well i'll either sell them as pairs or ill put them in the freezer. Now really thats dumb!

7. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    thats why they are doing it too force you to buy a rooster....go somewhere else so you can just have hens if that is what you want! thats what I would do!

8. Braclin

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    If I am selling as pairs I advertise it that way, including what is on any cages I have setup at a sale/show.

What drives me crazy is when a person keeps pushing to buy the hens/pullets when I already told them how they were being sold.

Matt

10. Braclin

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    Quote:I understand that. If i see two in a cage I pretty much know its a pair, but when there are 15-20 shoved in a cage thats what i'm talking about. And isn't the point to make a sell?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by