Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Sorry about your Roo randy. But he did live a long and fruitful life. Im glad to hear you have a nice replacement ready to take his place. I'm actually looking forward to making some roosters for once. I want a nice standard and blue wheaten Roo. The one I have now has flaws that I'd like to get rid of.

If I let her hatch eggs, I'll seperate her into another area.

I am dying to get some Wheaten Marans.
I'm in Colorado and can't find any anywhere.
Can any of you professionals help me out?
I am very interested in the dark eggs, I love the color of the Wheatens.
Please let me know your thoughts...if the Wheatens can produce the 7-10 coloration, or if I should go with a different Marans breed.
Any information on getting day olds would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so very much,
Red

Sorry about your roo, Randy.... sounds like he had a very good life, especially for a roo, lol..

Good luck with your hatch, bangarang!!

I got my first Marans eggs this week, from my FBCM's, they are with a BLue Copper Roo... They will go in the bator tomorrow... Very excited!!

The other one is my first Ameracauna egg, been a good egg-laying week!!

I hatch pullet eggs all the time. Usually they are very fertile. Sometimes the chicks are smaller due to smaller eggs but they seem to catch up very quickly. Never had a problem with it as long as the roosters are doing their job.

Hi Randy,
Sorry to hear about your roo. Sounds like he had a good and fruitful life.
Yeah, that's the same for me - the Marans don't really protect the chicks from the others - even when free to find a good hiding place for them. Some of the broodies I have had fight like gamebirds to protect their young... no one messes with them. But the Marans are a bit lame in that department.

So are you done with the yellow leg thing, or is that what you are test breeding for with the new roo?

Roger

Back
Top Bottom