Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Thanks Randy! I honestly forgot they don't start out whitish/pinkish. My hubby says I never admit when I'm wrong, but it's just not true...
wink.png

I might have to cross post this!!!

I've noticed that my wheaten roos are getting their grown up colors later than the BCM's.. or so it seems.

What color is the leg feathering supposed to be on a Wheaten roo? is it black? Does the Black Tailed Buff Roo have black leg feathering as well?

I've noticed that my wheaten roos are getting their grown up colors later than the BCM's.. or so it seems.

What color is the leg feathering supposed to be on a Wheaten roo? is it black? Does the Black Tailed Buff Roo have black leg feathering as well?
BTB should have golden colored leg feathering and white/pink shanks.

u are the first. iv never been right whan it comes to girls . weather dacing west coast swing , country 2 step. or anything for that matter. lol. I find it's just a lot easier to start off with an apology mahahaha

Thanks Randy! I honestly forgot they don't start out whitish/pinkish. My hubby says I never admit when I'm wrong, but it's just not true... ;)

BTB should have golden colored leg feathering and white/pink shanks.

Hmm.... mine seem to have black mixed in with the golden color, (they do have pink shanks) in fact in general i see quite alot of black in the females.. I will try to post some pics next week. I'd like to be able to improve on what they look like in the next generation :).. I can only see one roo in the group who looks very BTB like

Thank you for your help :D..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom