Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Can anyone give me some feedback on this girl? I am considering showing her, but it's my first time out and I don't want to get laughed out of the show! Is she good enough to show, or should I just keep her home? She's about 10 months old.

I would take her. She's pretty nice looking,
thumbsup.gif
I see some what of a bump on back side of her comb and she only appears to have 4 points but nothing that will get you laughed out of the show for sure. But Im sure others can chime in also. I would you will could also learned what they do and don't like at your show every judge is diffrent.
Can anyone give me some feedback on this girl? I am considering showing her, but it's my first time out and I don't want to get laughed out of the show! Is she good enough to show, or should I just keep her home? She's about 10 months old.

I would take her. She's pretty nice looking,
thumbsup.gif
I see some what of a bump on back side of her comb and she only appears to have 4 points but nothing that will get you laughed out of the show for sure. But Im sure others can chime in also. I would you will could also learned what they do and don't like at your show every judge is diffrent.
Thank you - I forgot, I did get some comb/head shots.

Yep That one show she will most likly be judged as having 5 point I believe if I understand the rules correctly. Yes see the bump little better in that picture. But I would still show her. Its not a side sprage or a cornation comb. Go for it, All you can do is learn from what they say and wheatens have not been recognized for very long at all. I would do it, if nothing else for the experience. But I think you would have a good of a shot as anyone else in that class. i don't show yet but do breed Wheatens to the SOP standard and look around allot for as much info as I can get. So maybe some one that does show will chime in also. Have you been to the marans yahoo group?

Anyone out there breeding Wheaten Marans that has a flock that is producing birds with clean/featherless shanks? Or even legs with very little leg feathering?

caf.gif

Last edited:
Hi Folks
Could some one send me to books on grooming chickens for show. I have several blue marins that are about 8 months old and I would like to show them. Also how do I find out about points ect. . I would like to submit pictures and have you guys lead me. Thankyou in advance.

Back
Top Bottom