Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

Pics
From moac website $8 for the chart

41441_eggs.jpg

Quote:
I'd certainly disagree. Those look like 8's to me.

I would never jump to call an egg a 9 though. . .. Honestly I don't know if I've seen such, or who knows, maybe I have. . .

Marans almost are not worth all of the drama...

But then I see pictures of those gorgeous dark eggs and it makes it all worth it again!

droolin.gif

Quote:
Good example of what I was saying. In addition eveyone's monitor is a bit off in one direction or another. We calibrated our computer monitors every morning for correct color.

I will say that I have seen very dark Marans eggs in person, but I don't have a chart so I don't know what number they were. They were almost Hershy bar dark though if that helps, but not as dark as some of these eggs posted appear. I am guessing that most of what I have seen in person are 3-6 with the very darkest being an 8. Again, color on my monitor and yours will appear different and in some cases quite different.

print a copy of the egg chart posted and compare it to the image on your monitor. Then google Pantone color matching your monitor to find out how far off they are.

Walt

Last edited:
Pantone Guide to Communicating with Color
PA-DBR100
# Use to make your color choices credible, predictable and effective
# Filled with hundreds of color combinations and illustrations
# Apply these essential guidelines and illustrations to all your projects- branding, packaging, point-of-purchase, advertising, signage, logos, web sites and more!

$40.00 On Sale! $34.99
Quantity:
This is what you need if you want to talk color online.

w.

Quote:
You just need to be like me......have them because you think they're pretty birds and you like the dark eggs. I'm trying to keep a nice line of birds but in the end I want them to be what makes me happy and that I enjoy.....all the drama that has a tendency to go along with them will ruin them for you if you let it, so I just ignore it.

Quote:
You just need to be like me......have them because you think they're pretty birds and you like the dark eggs. I'm trying to keep a nice line of birds but in the end I want them to be what makes me happy and that I enjoy.....all the drama that has a tendency to go along with them will ruin them for you if you let it, so I just ignore it.

Katy I'm right there with you! + I can't take anymore drama in my life, chicken keeping & breeding for me is about creative, positive energy, not energy suckers!

Quote:

Very true words Katy, that's something that I honestly believe too and feel more folks should adhere to this way of thinking. I chose Wheatens because they are a pretty bird. I really like the Wheaten variety in other chickens too, that's why I have BW Ameraucanas as well, they're gorgeous birds.

Quote:
That's a great idea...I'm in marketing so I have a full set of pantone books...I'll get them from my office...

The books are great, but the important part is a program to calibrate your computer monitor....but everyone else you deal with needs to do it too, so it is probably not practical. I was just making the observation that we all see different colors on these computers and printers.

The books could be used to find a Pantone number for the egg colors that would be very precise when speaking of shades. They are generally protected from light and Internationally accepted. Any color chart that is printed is not precise.

Walt

Back
Top Bottom