Wheezing 4 week old Silkie

mandymcg05

Songster
Apr 26, 2020
Kentucky
Hi there! I have a 4 week old Silkie that started a whistling/wheezing sound at night About 3 nights ago. Thought maybe it was just sleepiness (sounds stupid now, I know!) but today noticed some bubbles on one eye. But waiting and drinking ok. Running with his playmates. Still in a large brooder with 7 others and still have a heat lamp on a portion but it’s not super warm. I tried to get pics but she won’t sit still long enough for me to focus on her. Any suggestions? I don’t have much on hand but I can pick anything up within 12 hours when our local feed stores open.

Okay, that might help. If it doesn't you might want to try Baytril. Baytril is banned for use in poultry, but it's a much better drug for treating respiratory infection than tetracycline.

Ok guys. After a $30 bag of tetracycline powder.... I mixed a gallon for a flock of 8- 4 weeks old chicks. It took1/2 the bag. Probably a big mistake seeing as they haven’t even drank 1/4 of it and it’s changing colors?! Like the powder made the water yellow. And it’s darkening I’m the waterer?!?! Anyone have experience with this powder? Should I make fresh water and only do maybe 1/4 of a gallon?? I have a couple other chicks with the heavy/weird eyes. And the Silkie is still wheezing quite a bit. So no better. HELP!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    827.3 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom