Wheezing 4 week old Silkie

hmmm, definitely something going on. Good to see her drinking. See how they look tomorrow and maybe start back on the medicated water.

Lord. Me too!

Also, I’m going to refrigerate The water that I picked up today that was mixed yesterday. Hopefully we can use it still. 🤦🏻‍♀️
I'll have to do some math on that for you. If you used 1/2 pack in it, I think you will use 2 ounces of it per one gallon.

My chick had renal failure and pneumonia. I was advised to euthanize her. I needed to give her Prescribed saline neb and multiple antibiotic. Also against advice I gave her vet rx which you can buy at tractor supply and I added some of my albuterol to the saline neb. My chick is a few weeks behind developmentally but she is alive and thriving. I also kept her inside in a warm quit semi dark place

@casportpony i need you help again.

So after all the debacle on this powder. My smaller chicks started with a sneezing. I know I know. That big bad disease is in questions. But here’s the thing. Just one or two chicks started last week with the symptoms. Nothing big. Just some wheezing here and there and sneezing here and there.

Today was day 5 of an antibiotic water like a tylan substitute. It had terramycin and neomycin powder mixed into a gallon for 5 days. Left for work this morning with a spot of blood it looked like in the brooder. Just about the size of a quarter all together. It wasn’t bright red, kind of think but a sort of maroon color. I checked every chick from head to toe and could see where it came from. Well I came home from work and a chick that had no signs or symptoms that I could tell was half dead on the floor. I got home just in time to pull her out of there, wrap her up and she took her last breath. There is no other blood spots. Nothing that I can see.

I haven’t checked each chick, but what are my options since I’ve already done a round of these antibiotics?!

Is it time to test for the big bad wolf?

Why is it not every chick out of 20 is showing signs?

And these babies are about 4-5 weeks now. Which is about the same time the last brooder showed symptoms.

Also want to add that I cleaned every brooder thoroughly before putting a new pack of chicks in there.

Ugh. I’m mentally exhausted and would hate to lose all my babies because of something I could have prevented.

Back
Top Bottom