wheezing or complaining?

Sandy16

Songster
9 Years
Jul 28, 2010
Atlanta
OK, so down here in Atlanta we are still shut down from the snow we got on Sunday night. Our girls flat out refused to come out of the coop yesterday but have ventured out today. One of our Buffs is making a wheezing type sound. She is acting normal, eating and drinking just fine, but makes this pitiful sound. We have had colder temps (it is 28 degrees right now) so I don't think it is the cold. Should we isolate her and bring her inside? Part of me thinks that she might just be complaining because life is a bit strange for them right now. Any ideas?

thanks!

Just to be on the safe side for her and your flock you might ought to bring her in. Then up in top right hand corner of this page google custom can help you with any question you might have about wheezing in chickens, may I also suggest you read this, www.shagbarkbantams.com/oxine.htm our daughter lives in Roswell and she said they got 7". thats alot of snow for Atlanta.

Last edited:
One of my hens did this once...turned out to be nothing. I would bring her in too just to be safe and keep an eye on her. As long as she's eating & drinking & acting normal then she should be okay.

Thanks, y'all! We did not bring her inside because she stopped making the noise and really seemed fine. She stayed in the coop with everyone else last night (lows in the teens) and came out this morning just like her normal self. I really feel that she was complaining or just a little stressed from staying in the coop all day on Monday. Southern chickens are just like southern people - not sure what to do with all of this snow!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom