When can I get chick out of incubator

Sophies23

In the Brooder
Feb 7, 2021
Hi all. My little chicks are hatching and one has hatched this morning and another will be hatching soon. When can I hold my first chick I'm desperately wanting to cuddle it but will this upset the others

sophie don't keep the chicks in the incubator without food and water for too long it will delay their development.
If you have a fan in the incubator the chick will not be able to rest well either. A brooder should be ready set up straight away so any newborns can be added after 2 hours of hatching. 2 hours to get on their feet and dry a little but any longer is just detrimental. They can survive for 24 hours without food and water but avoid delaying moving them, do it as soon as possible.

Don't cuddle them until 2 days after hatch. I know how hard it is not to! You can go ahead and take the chick out of the bator so it can get food and water. Good luck! Congrats on your hatch!

Thanks all such a massive help as always :) I've got the brooder set up ready so I'll put the chick in now also the chick is knocking all the other eggs so I think it'll be best

Back
Top Bottom