When did commercial layers start laying an egg "every 12 or 16 hours," hmmm?

Honest, one of my Leghorns laid an egg 19 hours after the last one. That was one time only but she did do it. I was recording ( and still am ) all of my hens laying each date and time.

I call foul, there is no chicken poop on the seat of the chair! Some of my chicken would actually be sitting on some of the pictures on the wall or be trying to, and at least two would be sitting in the chandelier.

It could work, if you had one chicken and you follower her around with a vacuum cleaner. Other than that, it would be a novelty that wore off after about two weeks and then the chickens would be down the road and person(s) or family would be on to there next splurge.

Definitely not farming in any sense, just my 2 cents,

BaconFarms

It was as joke. Get it? If you only count daylight, then your chickens lay an egg every 16 hours.
I got the joke.
thumbsup.gif

Hmm. I wouldn't pay that for a chicken coop, but if you must take out a second mortgage on a hen house, then by all means, do...

My family built our chicken coop together and it looks very nice, but it only cost us around $800. And we thought that was a lot to spend on a few hens.
th.gif

It's kind of cool, though. Now when anyone looks at me like I've lost my marbles, I can tell them that Neiman Marcus sells a chicken coop. I'm simply keeping up with the Tres Riche trends.

Ours: ~500 USD - Excluding Cost of defective Sheet-Goods sold out of a big Box.

Offencive; mony should be spent on Bribes to the local Legislature to inact chiCken-approving Ordinances and Laws.

Back
Top Bottom