When do Wyandottes generally start laying?

Pics
Although not quite positive, I am reasonably sure that my lone holdout, a GLW, laid an egg today just shy of 47 weeks old. The other GLW is just finishing a long slow molt. The 2 SLW have been laying like champs & have really taken the pressure off these other 2 slackers.
big_smile.png

My SL Wyandotte girls were born 9/1/13 and the first one laid today 2/10/14. 23 weeks, 1 day. They only free range when I'm home and they got to be out most of the morning today (longer than usual). I put them up around 1 and went back out to let them out again at 3 and found our very first egg ever. I spoiled them with lots of grapes yesterday and she must have returned the favor today.

My SL Wyandotte girls were born 9/1/13 and the first one laid today 2/10/14. 23 weeks, 1 day. They only free range when I'm home and they got to be out most of the morning today (longer than usual). I put them up around 1 and went back out to let them out again at 3 and found our very first egg ever. I spoiled them with lots of grapes yesterday and she must have returned the favor today.

Congrats! Our 4 girls are all are all the same age. 1 SLW started laying at 23 weeks, 1 SLW & 1 GLW started laying at 25 weeks. The non laying Golden started to molt in Nov, the laying Golden stopped laying in Dec & started to molt. I'll be very happy when they all are laying so we don't have to supplement or ration our egg supply. Maybe even have a few to give away! My luck they'll probably go broody before then.
smile.png

My GLW is about this exact age! Two of our chicks were older when we got them so the feed store didn't have their exact hatch date, but it was the last few days of August or first few days of September. She's been acting different lately, so I obsessively check several times a day now! This gives me hope!

Good! Even the feed store lady told me, "they must really love you to start laying in this weather." I didn't get one yet today but I hope soon. It took mine about 2 weeks once their crop reddened & they started the "egg squat".
I hope yours start soon! I had miscalculated their hatch date too. It was 9/10.
Good luck!

Congrats! Our 4 girls are all are all the same age. 1 SLW started laying at 23 weeks, 1 SLW & 1 GLW started laying at 25 weeks. The non laying Golden started to molt in Nov, the laying Golden stopped laying in Dec & started to molt. I'll be very happy when they all are laying so we don't have to supplement or ration our egg supply. Maybe even have a few to give away! My luck they'll probably go broody before then.
smile.png

Friday, for the first time ever we got an egg from each of our 4 girls!
celebrate.gif
Yesterday only 3, but at least they're all laying.

Friday, for the first time ever we got an egg from each of our 4 girls!
celebrate.gif
Yesterday only 3, but at least they're all laying.
YEA, Congrats! Today I got three eggs for the first time and I share your excitement! My GLW should be close behind- with my Australorpe bringing up the rear- her comb is just starting to mature. Such an exciting time
lol.png

My 3 Wyandottes are 26 and a half weeks old. Mine still show no signs of laying yet. Anyone tell me why some lay at 18 wks and others heaps later?

YEA, Congrats! Today I got three eggs for the first time and I share your excitement! My GLW should be close behind- with my Australorpe bringing up the rear- her comb is just starting to mature. Such an exciting time
lol.png
Thanks! Yep, fun stuff! Congrats to you also.

My 3 Wyandottes are 26 and a half weeks old. Mine still show no signs of laying yet. Anyone tell me why some lay at 18 wks and others heaps later?
Same reason some kids read at 2, most 5 or 6 & some later yet, I guess.....to give parents some anxious moments.

my started lay about 2 weeks ago hatched august 4, really small eggs just got a large 1 today,
Our eggs were never really small but we were eating 3 each for breakfast instead of our normal 2. Back to 2 each now though!

Back
Top Bottom