When do Wyandottes generally start laying?

Hello All,
I have chicks born in October last year that have still not payed an egg!! They would be 7 months old. Wyandotte Silver Laced Bantam.

It’s Winter here, so shorter days, but weather is still mild (15 degrees Celsius).

Thoughts??? My husband is asking if they are weird non egg laying chicks.
Layed an egg! Not payed

My first blue Wyandotte starting laying just shy of 21 weeks. I have at least 5 out of 10 laying now at 24 weeks & probably more than 5. My previous Columbian Wyandottes started at 20 weeks.

We have two SLW's about 19 weeks, not seeing any indication that they are
ready to start laying. It is a little warm here in the New Orleans area which
may have something to do with that. Also they are not "nesting", just perching on their roost. Any suggestions?

well i have three of them so could.they all be internal layers
Never heard of an internal layer but I have heard of egg binding. If you have a Rooster the eggs will need fertilizing but no such thing as internal laying that I am aware of. I have 5 GLWs this year that are just now hitting 21 weeks ready to lay and 3 Barred Rocks that are only 10 weeks old.

Never heard of an internal layer but I have heard of egg binding. If you have a Rooster the eggs will need fertilizing but no such thing as internal laying that I am aware of. I have 5 GLWs this year that are just now hitting 21 weeks ready to lay and 3 Barred Rocks that are only 10 weeks old.
You do not need a Roo to get eggs. Only if you plan to hatch then a Roo will need to mate but eggs are natural without a Roo

Back
Top Bottom