When do Wyandottes generally start laying?

Keep hope alive.  Mine didn't start laying until about 32 weeks.  Now I get plenty of nice big eggs. My only problem is choosing which friend to bless with the latest dozen- and trust me- there are plenty of dozens.

32 wks???? WOW! That's a long time to wait, I was looking @one day old Wyandottes chicks right now in the store.

My first Wyandottes layed their first eggs @22 wks.

Last edited:
Question. My SLW will be 18 weeks (in my home) as of tomorrow. Her comb is starting to raise but not looking anything like it should. Still kinda flat but is spreading and getting a little higher. Is the size of her comb important for laying like the other chickens?

Just wondering what I should be looking for.

Dang! Mine is 24 weeks and still no sign of squatting or laying :(

Did yours ever lay? Mine is 23 going on 24 weeks as well and still no egg. Her comb is bright red and her vent is not quite as puckered, but I'm beginning to wonder if something isn't wrong with her? How long before I start worrying?

Did yours ever lay? Mine is 23 going on 24 weeks as well and still no egg. Her comb is bright red and her vent is not quite as puckered, but I'm beginning to wonder if something isn't wrong with her? How long before I start worrying?
Nope. Mine still has a dark grey comb and hardly any wattles. She is as big as the others, but no comb/wattle.

And NO EGGS! :barnie:barnie:barnie

Attachments

• IMG_4728.JPG
    IMG_4728.JPG
    656.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4729.JPG
    IMG_4729.JPG
    548.8 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom