When I am done hatching...seriously I will be soon, was wondering if..

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
I should consider doing preventive maintence to my bators, they honestly have been running pretty much since I got them
ep.gif

Should I order new wafers for them or anything else? I always do maintenance on my vehicles, tractor, horse trailer, why not my bators?

Quote:
My thoughts too. I can go ahead and order and then change them before starting up again. Heck I can stop hatching long enough to change wafers..... right?
idunno.gif

Stevie is there anything else that is recommended to be changed out?

I believe its just the wafer. I only had my hova for one hatch but I remember the directions saying it was only the wafer. The termostadt and other components should be fine. Dont worry. It only takes a few minutes to replace the wafer and get the bator back up and running

Quote:
Ok, so I will go ahead and order a couple. Shut her down Dec 31 and should be back up Jan 1, I Love it when a Plan comes together
thumbsup.gif

This way I will only lose a few hours of chick growing time......
tongue2.gif

Dont forget to do a disenfect for any bacteria. I know I am going to take this back but next yr I only have 1 batch of eggs coming and I am done. I know I am probably lying to myself.

Quote:
Ok so I will leave it down for a week.... I can manage that , I'm sure I can, can't I????????
lau.gif
th.gif
I am seriously in trouble with this whole hatching thing. I hope I can let go of my eggs to other people next year.

Back
Top Bottom