So that is in a few hours when I put them on lockdown then, correct?
yes. You don't really have to be that exact though. It is ok if you put them in lockdown a bit early or even a few hours or a day late. I normally stop turning mine on day 17 and up humidity on day 18. Most times I set my eggs mid day but I like to candle before lockdown so will do that the night of day 17 (so technically around day 17.5) then wait and sometime on day 18 I add more water to bump humidity. I have set eggs a couple days after others so waited till day 18 to stop turning and bump humidity on day 19.

yes. You don't really have to be that exact though. It is ok if you put them in lockdown a bit early or even a few hours or a day late. I normally stop turning mine on day 17 and up humidity on day 18. Most times I set my eggs mid day but I like to candle before lockdown so will do that the night of day 17 (so technically around day 17.5) then wait and sometime on day 18 I add more water to bump humidity. I have set eggs a couple days after others so waited till day 18 to stop turning and bump humidity on day 19.
Oh okay, thank you. I just am stressing a bit because I have 6 that are alive out of 18 and they are spot on with weight loss except for one that loss 2 extra grams but they are still pretty good and seem to be developing well when I canceled some have saddle bags but they aren’t that deep saddle bags they are more or so like small half inch pivots. But anyways thank you so maybe I will either lockdown right now or when I wake up.

5 infertile, 6 passed around day 7-13 by the looks of the candling, and 1 was overthrown by some bacteria. On day 3 I candles them and they all seemed fertile apart from 3 but I guess shipment was too hard and they gave up quick before developing the other gave up during eye stage.

I’m just going to lock them down early because they seemed very good. I think.

shipped eggs are VERY hard. if you get 50% hatch rate you are doing extremely well. 6/18 isn't really that horrible for shipped eggs. Sometimes the PO is not very nice to them or just bouncing in a truck can do damage that you can't see. I wouldn't worry too much about the saddled air cells. I had some that were EXTREMELY saddled and they hatched fine and are now 5 mo and 6 mo old all doing great (2 different hatches and all shipped eggs). Just mark where the air cell is so you can tell if it pips in the air cell or not that way you have an idea of how long you should wait for them to hatch with out helping. Most of mine pipped in the air cell and hatched with in the 24 hrs. a few pipped on the wrong end or outside of the air cell and took longer to hatch (since pipping not in the air cell is like an internal and external pip in one).

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see how your hatch goes!

shipped eggs are VERY hard. if you get 50% hatch rate you are doing extremely well. 6/18 isn't really that horrible for shipped eggs. Sometimes the PO is not very nice to them or just bouncing in a truck can do damage that you can't see. I wouldn't worry too much about the saddled air cells. I had some that were EXTREMELY saddled and they hatched fine and are now 5 mo and 6 mo old all doing great (2 different hatches and all shipped eggs). Just mark where the air cell is so you can tell if it pips in the air cell or not that way you have an idea of how long you should wait for them to hatch with out helping. Most of mine pipped in the air cell and hatched with in the 24 hrs. a few pipped on the wrong end or outside of the air cell and took longer to hatch (since pipping not in the air cell is like an internal and external pip in one).

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see how your hatch goes!
I used to have a lot of chickens before most of them got taken by some coyotes I don’t even know how they got in the coop, but now I’m left with only one those island red and two bantam frizzles along with 4 quail (separated). Thank you, i heard it was difficult but wanted to see if I could attempt it so not only am i a first time incubator but it is going to be my first time having silkies, so I had gotten silkies and RIRs and a Manna Pro 360. The silkies are a variety of buff,white,calico,splash,paint,… the ones that are up to date are 3 whites, one is splash, one paint, and one calico, no buffs sadly. If they hatch then I will post them, THANK YOU :D

Back
Top Bottom