When my DH gets home he might faint...darn chicken math

I love this post! I started out going to TSC to buy an incubator to hatch eggs, but now we have at least 40 chickens!
smile.png
cool.png

This is a true story and you can use it later:

Other people's hens are showing up at our house - and staying! The chicken math is getting a little tricky at our house. I swore that I wouldn't get more and yet, they are multiplying.

It's not my fault. I swear.

My DH got home yesterday and actually took it quite well, as I am pretty sure when he pulled out of the drive on Friday he kinda expected that there would be new chicks! I told him that they were like "Gremlins" I fed them after midnight and they multiplied! HA! Also, I told him "DH" meant dear husband and he said "No, it means Dumb Husband!" hehe.

Oh my...I hear you. I am about to go through the same *fainting* spell. I left Friday going to GA to get to 2 orp babies (1 will be rehomed as it is a HE) and a 3 year old orp, then hit TN on my way home and visit another BYC friend (to get a black silkie that was just going to somehow appear in the brooder with the other 3) then home.

What happened...

Went to GA got the 3 I went for and attempted to steal more but failed there....went to friends' in TN and somehow TWO silkies snuck into my car. LOL

So...I arrive home with 5 chickens/chicks instead of 3 after having just acquired 3 silkies and 2 mille fleurs a month ago.

lol.png

I quit counting when I knew I was gonna hit 50 something that way when dh asked me all huffily (usually says this at the feed store lol), "How many chickens do we have now"? I could say I didn't know.

ep.gif
I'm shocked! you have a feed store STILL selling chicks in June? Out here in Ohio, the places that sell chicks were out of stock in mid- May. No one except TSC will even offer to take orders for chicks after that.

Back
Top Bottom