When should i change my bedding

Do you mean in the nest boxes? If so I did it when it would get soiled, usually after a rain or muddy run as it gets tracked in. Or when it gets poop in there which happens from time to time.
I sprinkle DE on the bottom of the nest box then a little shavings and then Hay/straw, make an indentation for them and they are happy.

Do you mean in the nest boxes? If so I did it when it would get soiled, usually after a rain or muddy run as it gets tracked in. Or when it gets poop in there which happens from time to time.
I sprinkle DE on the bottom of the nest box then a little shavings and then Hay/straw, make an indentation for them and they are happy.
No for the whole coop bedding

You will get a lot of variety in the answers.

A lot depends on how many birds, coop size, floor or dirt in the coop, if you use droppings boards and your climate.

I change it once a week. I do not have droppings boards. My coops have wood floors. Average coop size here gives the birds 6+ square feet each in the coop. I use pine shavings.

I go by "If it looks dirty or I can smell the droppings it needs cleaned.".

I have four birds in a six by four coop, and I change bedding once a week by removing the large piles of poop and part of the dirty shavings. I remove all of the shavings from the nesting boxes and put them into the coop, then addr fresh shavings in both locations.

You will get a lot of variety in the answers.

A lot depends on how many birds, coop size, floor or dirt in the coop, if you use droppings boards and your climate.

I change it once a week. I do not have droppings boards. My coops have wood floors. Average coop size here gives the birds 6+ square feet each in the coop. I use pine shavings.

I go by "If it looks dirty or I can smell the droppings it needs cleaned.".
Yeah it kinda smells now not too much tho and i have alot of chickens so i cnt afford too much free space

I have four birds in a six by four coop, and I change bedding once a week by removing the large piles of poop and part of the dirty shavings. I remove all of the shavings from the nesting boxes and put them into the coop, then addr fresh shavings in both locations.
Mine is 8 meter by 9 meter so i do t think i can do it every week 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom