When should I help!

insmokesimage

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 26, 2013
Sometime today two of my eggs pipped but I did not realize this till just a couple hours ago. The pips are at the bottom of the egg instead of the top. Both eggs are chirping real loud at times. Could they have been this way since yesterday and I didn't know? Should I start helping them out a little. I am afraid that they won't get out. The eggs are not moving but both of them chirping. What should I do? Thank you for your replies!

Sometime today two of my eggs pipped but I did not realize this till just a couple hours ago. The pips are at the bottom of the egg instead of the top. Both eggs are chirping real loud at times. Could they have been this way since yesterday and I didn't know? Should I start helping them out a little. I am afraid that they won't get out. The eggs are not moving but both of them chirping. What should I do? Thank you for your replies!
its best if you don't help, but most of us do. the chick should be fine for 24 or more hours in good conditions. if you open your incubator now other eggs will be affected. it takes them several hours to pip and zip an egg, then sometimes 4 or more hours to push free of the shell.

generally chicks don't absorb their yolk until after they pip, especially on the first ones to pip. it takes them several hours to absorb their yolk. while that is going on, the eggshell is starting to dry from the inside and becomes more delicate in the process. this helps the eggshell to break as the chick works its way around. it is normal for this process to take 10 hours or more.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom