When to Expect the First Egg?

Yayy! You got your egg! My olive and easter eggers started laying FINALLY about a week ago. They are 20-24 weeks old. We also got a gorgeous blue-green with some cute speckles. Now to figure out which bird belongs to which egg! They are so secretive and all use the same box!

Attachments

• 0823211243b.jpg
    0823211243b.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 4
Yayy! You got your egg! My olive and easter eggers started laying FINALLY about a week ago. They are 20-24 weeks old. We also got a gorgeous blue-green with some cute speckles. Now to figure out which bird belongs to which egg! They are so secretive and all use the same box!
Congrats on your pullets! Beautiful eggs. :)

I am also quite confused about which pullet is laying which egg. They are all close, so it's a lot at once. They're all different sizes, too. One of them is laying a very dainty greenish blue egg, and another is already laying a full sized, large egg. Even bigger than some of my red sex links, who lay very large eggs! So far I've gotten a range of darker olives to light blues.

One of my blue pullets is currently in the nest box. I think she is about to lay her first egg.

I'm so happy with my EEs. :D

My patience is draining.

I've been sticking one of the pullets in a nesting box and she loves it. She gets it all cozy and even sits in the position for laying an egg. She'll sit there for maybe 5 minutes then she'll leave the box and go back to day to day life. She's been doing this for a week now and I'm starting to think it'll never happen! :idunno

Me, every morning:
Waking up thinking there might be an egg. Finally.
:ya
Running to the coop to check.
:wee
Praying, praying, there is an egg.
:fl
Checking for an egg and... Nothing.
:th
My emotions.
:barnie:he:tongue:hit

Me scolding the pullets. (Just a joke, don't worry.)
:old

Hopefully soon it will be :celebrate instead of :he.
Me right now🤣🙄😭😭😭🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom