When to stop rotating jumbo coturnix eggs?

I don't see that large of an egg to justify a larger Jumbo Coturnix. My big ones still hatch at day 17 actually sometimes day 18.
Are you in the USA? That might explain the extended length of hatch.

I can think of only one other reason.

If they don't hatch until the later days, I would be expecting curled toes, spraddle leg, etc. etc. not caused by incubating problems.
Jumbo Coturnix should hatch by day 18- 19 at the latest. Or there are problems... ... ...

Quote:
REALLY. No not everyone. I have 1 hen that always lays a white egg. She is in my Pen #3 and I need to separate each hen to find her. She is why I want a single hen set up but haven't forked over the $$$ yet.
White egg layers are special around here. Not the ones that lay them from time to time. The ones that lay them all the time. She has 3 white eggs that I saw, so I figure a single hen laying white eggs. Be interesting to see happens.

Here are a few I got today the girls have been slacking lately with the cold and all
smile.png

I just thought they were not in the "paint factory" long enough
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
AND YOU WOULD BE CORRECT... HOWEVER ITS POSSIBLE FOR A SINGLE HEN TO HAVE A "BUSTED PAINT FACTORY" AND LAY ONLY WHITE EGGS

ROBO YOU WERE READING MY MIND WHEN I ASKED WHAT COLOR THE EGGS WERE... JUST HAD TO COVER THE BASES BECAUSE THE INFO LISTED HERE AS WAS GIVEN BY THE EGG SOURCE ACTUALLY WOULD BE FAIRLY ACCURATE FOR BOB WHITES... SO JUST TO BE SURE I INQUIRED ABOUT EGG COLOR-- YOU NEVER KNOW WHERE A COMMUNICATION ERROR MAY ACTUALLY LIE UNTIL YOU INVESTIGATE THE WHOLE CASE THOUROUGHLY
roll.png

TO THE OP- THOSE ARE IN FACT COURNIX QUAIL EGGS... RESPONSE IS UNCHANGED FROM MY ORIGINAL POST. STOP TURNING END OF DAY 14/ EARLY DAY 15, AND USE CAUTION WITH THAT INFORMATION SOURCE
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom