When will eggs come from specific rooster ?

I don't know if you followed some of those links or not. You generally don't get guarantees with much associated with chickens and your question is one of those.

First, I'll go through something else that might help you in your planning. It takes an egg about 25 hours to go through a hen's internal egg making factory. Thet egg can only be fertilized during the first few minutes of that journey. That means is a successful mating takes place on a Monday, Monday's egg cannot be fertile from that mating. Tuesday's egg may or may not be fertile from that mating, depending on timing. Wednesday's egg should be.

A rooster does not always mate with every hen in his flock every day, but he doesn't have to. In the last part of the mating act the rooster hops off, his part is done. The hen stands up, fluffs up, and shakes. This fluffy shake moves the sperm into a special "container" where it is stored. That sperm can remain viable in that container anywhere from a little over a week until who knows how long. Sometimes it only lasts two weeks or so. There have been a few times it has lasted over four weeks. A very few over five weeks.

As I said, you don't get guarantees with this but you can be somewhat sure after three weeks, but four weeks will give you a lot more confidence. As for over four weeks, I don't get struck by lightening that often so I'd take my chances with four weeks. I don't plan my life around something very unlikely to happen.
Thank you for explaining in a way that makes it easy to understand! Great Information đź‘Ť

Back
Top Bottom