When will she give birth

Pics
Well nobody will try to hurt her dogs at all around here. These dogs don’t go to a vet at all, even when she got hit by a car and her back legs just dragged behind her. Hitting her dogs don’t stop them from leaving the house at all so there’s no point in hurting them if it’s not gonna help.

I know its awful.
I do not agree with @Mariella posey on this one, maybe that's your situation @Mariella posey (though doesn't it make you feel so terrible to hurt them?!) but clearly that is not what is going on here.
no one should have any right whatsoever to hit a dog with a stick.... :(

I know its awful.
I do not agree with @Mariella posey on this one, maybe that's your situation @Mariella posey (though doesn't it make you feel so terrible to hurt them?!) but clearly that is not what is going on here.
no one should have any right whatsoever to hit a dog with a stick.... :(
I 100% agree, there are better ways to disipline your dog. You want your dog to obey you not be scared of you. If you really can't keep it in the yard you could try an invisible fence. Hitting the poor thing with a stick isn't the answer.

So nobody around here gets to have dogs? Electricuteing them is better than a quick smack? I feel like keeping a dog chained is worse than smacking them. My dogs love me and we play all the time. But they know better than to run off. They aren't scared of me not even when I'm angry.
Have none of you ever seen a dog diciplen another dog? They draw blood!
I've watched people chain up a dog and it drive the poor thing crazy! But thats better than a smack...
I don't get people.

Yes, but you said you 'hit them with sticks' which is quite different to 'a quick smack' so I'm not sure what you do now.
Hitting a dog in a neighbourhood where it gets killed if it wanders about just doesn't sound right for the dog... but now you say its different so I'm confused.
I didn't say you were being very cruel to the dog or that they hated you/were frightened of you, but 'hitting them with sticks' just sounded wrong, and not just to me.

So nobody around here gets to have dogs? Electricuteing them is better than a quick smack? I feel like keeping a dog chained is worse than smacking them. My dogs love me and we play all the time. But they know better than to run off. They aren't scared of me not even when I'm angry.
I've watched people chain up a dog and it drive the poor thing crazy! But thats better than a smack...
I don't get people.
I agree that it's probably better than electricuteing them, and I also don't agree in chaining a dog up. But I feel there are better ways to dicipline them than hitting them. In my experience rewarding good behavior works better than punishing bad behavior. Thats why a suggest an invisible fence, there's a special collar that if they get close to the line it will beep. If you reward your dog for coming back if they hear the beep they will learn their barriers, and not try to cross. That's what I did with my dog, there is a rushing road right by my house he used to aways run across, to avoid him getting hit by a car I trained him with an invisible fence, he hasn't tried to leave since. But I understand tht might not work for all dogs as some dogs can be really stubborn.

I don't get people.
I get what you are saying! I have hit mine with a stick and regret it a lot. We smack our dogs with our hand on there rump if they run off but that’s only if it’s our inside dog Gunner.

Hitting them with a stick is only a quick smack, did you think they get stabbed with the stick?
I have 75 acres that my dogs protect from predators so I can't use the invisible fence. And trust me I HATE having to hit my dogs but it keeps them from being shot!
The OP said they are abusing and neglecting this dog but how do they know the dog wasn't seen by a vet after being hit by the car? Maybe they don't think the dog is pregnant so what? We had a dog given to us that we didn't know was pregnant and when she got close we noticed and made her a welping area and she CHOSE to dig a hole under our shed to have the puppies. I'm not seeing how they are so bad? If you have a problem with it DO SOMETHING! It doesn't matter what age you are! This feels more like a gossip thread then a help thread.

Back
Top Bottom