When will she give birth

Pics
If you could somehow find the avenue that they are selling the puppies (craigslist, whatever), would it be possible to have a trusted adult (who the neighbors don't recognize) feign interest in buying one? If the neighbors had that person come over to see the puppy, then maybe a complaint could be made on the situation in the home?
🤔

I’m worried that something happened to the puppies. She stayed for like 3 hours yesterday with no signs of worrying about the puppies. It’s not like her.
The purpose of checking her milk would help determine if her puppies are still drinking or not. I really hope the pups are ok.

I’m worried that something happened to the puppies. She stayed for like 3 hours yesterday with no signs of worrying about the puppies. It’s not like her.

I think that's why Sulky Bantam asked about milk--it can give some idea of whether she's still feeding puppies.

If the puppies are doing well, then the mother is constantly making milk, and the puppies drink it up frequently. So you would expect to find a small amount of milk most times you check. When she stayed for 3 hours there might be noticeably more by the end of that time.

If the mother is really engorged (lots of milk), that means she had been feeding puppies but quit in the past day or so.

If there's no milk at all, then she's no longer producing milk. Which means either dead puppies, or puppies being fed some other way.

Back
Top Bottom