When will the ducks start laying?

the_finch_family

Songster
Dec 15, 2022
East iceland
So, this is the first time I'm having ducklings.
They're exactly 1 month and 25 days old now, and I was wondering when you guys would estimate they could start laying eggs.

Do you think there's any chance we'll get eggs from them before winter?
All except one duckling are domestics (the other one is a mallard x magpie duck mix).

Soooo I'm a bit confused now... I only have 2 adult females (except for my mallard who's currently in duck jail lol) and already gathered their morning eggs.
Now i got home from work and find these two????
have any of you had females that can lay more than 2 eggs per day? Because mine never did, but the only other ducks who could have laid those would be my barely 2mo girls.

they're super soft too, so added extra calcium into their food bowl right away.
20230502_170703.jpg

Most of my ducks start around 4.5 months. I only had a few of my younger ones last year not start before winter hit
But our winter came early
Then started about January at 7 months old
You should get eggs before winter hits
I have pekin, pekin x khaki and Swedish all of these breeds were 4.5 months

Most of my ducks start around 4.5 months. I only had a few of my younger ones last year not start before winter hit
But our winter came early
Then started about January at 7 months old
You should get eggs before winter hits
I have pekin, pekin x khaki and Swedish all of these breeds were 4.5 months
I just got a Swedish recently! Wonderful ducks.
Well, I'm looking forward to all the eggs 😁

Soooo I'm a bit confused now... I only have 2 adult females (except for my mallard who's currently in duck jail lol) and already gathered their morning eggs.
Now i got home from work and find these two????
have any of you had females that can lay more than 2 eggs per day? Because mine never did, but the only other ducks who could have laid those would be my barely 2mo girls.

they're super soft too, so added extra calcium into their food bowl right away.
View attachment 3490391
I sure do
Happens now and then where I get an extra but last week I was stumped
I went to collect eggs I had 12 but only 10 girls
Hmm 2 girls for a double in one day
Then an hour later I saw nugget go to the duck house so I went to check on her and she laid an egg
Then I take dasher to the school for s show and tell ( they are hatching my duck eggs ) and while there dasher lays an egg
So 4 extras one day and everyone laid for weeks not missing a day

Back
Top Bottom