When will they lay?????

Orpie

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 3, 2014
Georgia
Ok... Just did some calculations and my RIR are around 20 weeks old

Here's one!!!
So when will they lay?? I also have 4 Buff Orps. I believe they are right at 22 weeks old. A couple of them were singing the egg song while they out free ranging supervised.

Here they are.
So when will they lay? Will the coming winter affect their laying? Help. I want some eggs!!!

Ok... Just did some calculations and my RIR are around 20 weeks old

Here's one!!!
So when will they lay?? I also have 4 Buff Orps. I believe they are right at 22 weeks old. A couple of them were singing the egg song while they out free ranging supervised.

Here they are.
So when will they lay? Will the coming winter affect their laying? Help. I want some eggs!!!
I could never find any resource to give a definite time line on any chickens…just most 18 weeks or older, and a thread on BO some 6 months or more.
I would expect RIR to lay any day.
BO in photo - 2 are roos but one in front if pullet looks mature enough to start laying soon. Your other BO is not in photo.

When they squat it can be several weeks til first egg. But look for the red around eyes and it will be very soon.

My golden sex link started at 23 wks, barred rock at 25 weeks. We're still waiting (somewhat impatiently) on the two speckled Sussex, the Wyandotte (29 wks now), and the americauna who is 2 wks younger, but has started squatting when we reach for her.

I could never find any resource to give a definite time line on any chickens…just most 18 weeks or older, and a thread on BO some 6 months or more.
I would expect RIR to lay any day.
BO in photo - 2 are roos but one in front if pullet looks mature enough to start laying soon. Your other BO is not in photo.

When they squat it can be several weeks til first egg.  But look for the red around eyes and it will be very soon.

The squatting thing for me is what confuses me most. Reason I say is my chickens will somewhat gather round me if I go and sit in the run, but for me trying to pick one up.... Fuh getta bout it!!!! They dart, quickly I might add, in many directions. Catching them for wing clippings is a chore!!!

My golden sex link started at 23 wks, barred rock at 25 weeks. We're still waiting (somewhat impatiently) on the two speckled Sussex, the Wyandotte (29 wks now), and the americauna who is 2 wks younger, but has started squatting when we reach for her.

Why, do you reckon, is it taking so long? I worry.. Is it something I'm doing wrong... Is it the feed... Yadda yadda yadda!!!!

Back
Top Bottom