When your doctor tells you that you must exercise

My DH is 71, and still climbing trees to remove branches before felling the tree...(but he never exercises either)
View attachment 1479482
I've got him by 3 years, so I'll let him do the climbing for both of us. I don't really care to be off the ground very far; never have.

constantly running back to the shop to get something I should've taken with me to begin with; those will give me as much workout as I need, and more, regardless of age.

:lau THIS!!! I can't tell you how many miles I walk between coop and shop b/c I forget and leave the tape measure behind. So, I grab an other one. Endless supply, thank you Harbor Freight. Only to end up with 3 tape measures at the coop, and not a one at the chop saw b/c I've lost all the rest. Back to the coop to get a tape measure, back to the shop to cut the wood. No pencil to mark the wood. Up a full flight of stairs to get a pencil, then need to find a razor knife to sharpen it. Back to the shop to cut the wood. Can't cut the wood b/c I didn't write down the measurement b/c I didn't have a pencil, and have now forgotten it. Back to the coop to measure again, and find a scrap of wood to write the number down b/c (wouldn't you know it, I forgot to bring paper). Back to shop to cut the wood. Then... same routine to find screws, drill, correct bit...

:lau THIS!!! I can't tell you how many miles I walk between coop and shop b/c I forget and leave the tape measure behind. So, I grab an other one. Endless supply, thank you Harbor Freight. Only to end up with 3 tape measures at the coop, and not a one at the chop saw b/c I've lost all the rest. Back to the coop to get a tape measure, back to the shop to cut the wood. No pencil to mark the wood. Up a full flight of stairs to get a pencil, then need to find a razor knife to sharpen it. Back to the shop to cut the wood. Can't cut the wood b/c I didn't write down the measurement b/c I didn't have a pencil, and have now forgotten it. Back to the coop to measure again, and find a scrap of wood to write the number down b/c (wouldn't you know it, I forgot to bring paper). Back to shop to cut the wood. Then... same routine to find screws, drill, correct bit...

My long-time favorite is getting to the point, with whatever I'm working on, that I need something that's somewhere else, like the basement work bench. About then, one of three things happens:
1) I forget what I came after, and have to go back to whatever I was doing 'til I discover what I needed.
2) I get sidetracked when I see something else I need to take care of.
3) Whatever I need I can't find, so I drive to Lowe's for another one, only to find the one I've had all along, after I've wasted at least an hour & burnt up 14 miles worth of gas. How many speed squares are too many?

We must be living in alternate universes, because this is exactly the kind of thing that happens to me. I cannot count the number of trips from the coop and back to the house, in to the shop, back to the coop only to remember whatever I forgot to get the last time I made the journey to try and remember what I forgot in the shop back at the coop, etc. etc. :barnie:barnie:barnieIt is quite remarkable that I get anything done at all! Then when the hubster gets home and asks me what I did that day, I look wistful and say 'Oh, I don't know, lots of things, I think'. :lol:

And, I can't tell you how much quicker any job goes when hubby "helps" me with the task. His brain functions so much better than mine. I'll be struggling with something, and he'll say, "Um, why don't you do it THIS way instead?" In the time it takes me to fumble around to get started, he will have the job done and move on to the next task.

My doctor would tell me that the reason I was so tired is because I don’t exercise. Feeling a little depressed? Exercise! Hmm you’ve gained some weight. EXERCISE!!
If only she knew what all I did in a day. She (who runs on a treadmill to stay fit) would fall over. I highly doubt she can pack feed bags out or carry 5 gallon buckets of water out over and over.

Back
Top Bottom