know any places were i can order some because
i go out and get then my self i dont really pay attentions
to the places were you order them.

CARS thanks for the info and the only reason
i have over 200 post is because i reply in the
pest section and in the bread and gender section
almost never in any other section thats why i have
over 200 post

I buy chicks from local feed stores. They buy them from the major hatcheries mentioned in the various threads on this site. Luckily we have lots of feed stores in the area and some of them bring in quite a few different breeds. I was able to get nearly all the breeds I was looking for last year within a 3 week period. I expect the same will be true this year when I get more chicks.

It is true that these are not show quality birds but I am not looking for Show quality. They are still nice looking birds and are healthy. I have one that really catches everyone's attention when they see my flock. It is a GLW. I have no idea if it is show quality or not. Lately she has become my friendliest pullet. She also lays an X-Large nearly every day.

I was going to buy chicks at a local feed store this past October, but they stopped stocking them at the end of September. So I planned on ordering online for live chicks from MyPetChicken (since I didn't want to get 25 chicks, just 4! --uhhh, at that time, anyway). One of my co-workers who thinks I'm nuts DID suggest looking in the phone book for other feed stores.... and I found one stocking chicks through October. I now have 7 pullets and 1 cockerel, and in the spring, I'll go back to that same feed store. It has a GREAT selection of different breeds, not just the 3 or 4 stocked by the local feed store nearest my house.

Call around to feed stores. Otherwise, if you absolutely, positively, MUST have chicks before Spring, check with the online hatcheries. I still look at their catalogs every few days, trying to decide which chicks I want to look for at the feed store.

Good luck!!

Your welcome. Have a safe and enjoyable holiday season (trying to be politically correct
roll.png
)

I think I ran across a thread about Canadian breeders yesterday. Do a search on that. I'm really not sure if the USPS (American mail) will ship over the border.

Back
Top Bottom