Where are my eggs? *warning graphic whining and fit pitching*

Well rrrsmom you are now banned. This was the "I want eggs thread" not the "Nananabooboo I have eggs and you don't thread". You just take your stinking ole eggs and lay somewhere else! lol j/k CONGRATS!!! You got eggs whoohoo!!
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif

Missyprissy you are supposed to feel sorry for me and SEND me the cheese. I have the whine already. After all, I want my hens to lay the eggs for me. I don't want to do the actual work. I like things just given to me.
ya.gif
Making cheese sounds too much like work.

Actually, I have to get more milk and when I do I am going to try it. I will have to pick up an extra gallon when we go to the dairy. Hopefully we will go today or tomorrow. We are almost out.

Now for the ones offering me eggs if I come ova... why don't you come ova here and teach my chickens to lay?
smile.png
Bring one of your eggsperienced hens to show them how.
smile.png

Ok, gotta go check the nests. after all they have golfballs now.. maybe they got the hint!
fl.gif

Sure hope your chickies are smarter than mine. I put these really cute plastic eggs in my nesting boxes (they almost look like real eggs; even some green ones for the Americanas). Two of my hens have started laying and where do they lay their eggs? In the boxes with the other egg? Noooo - one in the corner and the other ON TOP of the nesting boxes!! What about those cute little eggs? Everyday I go in and find them tossed out of the boxes and all over the floor!! Is this how they plan on treating their precious eggs!!! Bad Chickies!! Good luck - I hope the golf balls work for you. Maybe that's what I need to try. LOL

Dial nine-whah-whah!! Menkot needs a whaaaaambulance. LOL Someday, in a few months, you'll be whining about what to do with all the extra eggs, LOL. Then you'll need to look up the "10 egg cake" recipe. (now Im just torturing you)

Seriously though, break your hen's bad habit of sleeping in the next boxes now, before they start to lay, or your eggs will be filthy. Either cover the nest box entrance to force them to roost, or go in every night and physically move them to the roost in the dark. Eventually they will get the idea.

chel

My newest layer likes to hide the eggs under the straw. Have you been checking underneath? Just a possability. I hope so for your sake and sanity. LOL!
wee.gif

The stupid rooster is kicking the eggs aka golf balls out of the nest. I wonder if he will try that with my real eggs. He has gotta go! :thun I was hoping he was going today but we are putting up a swimming pool instead.

I am going to try to get them out of the habit of sleeping in the nests next week. I am tired of cleaning nests. We are going to build them bigger and better roosts this week. I think their roosts are too narrow and not high enough. They are going to get high, big, round roosts. Do you know how uncomfortable 11 chickens and one rooster look in three nests? I had to watch them to even see how in the world they all managed to get in there. Oh, and the rooster takes one nest for himself and one hen so the other ten share two 12 inch nests.
he.gif

I have plans for all my eggs.
smile.png
My neighbors each get some. I have a lost of people from church lol. I am ready to start sharing! Plus, I will be trading our cousin for the milk we get.

No eggs under the hay either. I search everywhere several times during the day.

Last edited:
Well, I FINALLY got my first egg last night!
yippiechickie.gif
And in the nesting box too! It was a tiny little thing, but well formed. DH is teasing me about framing a picture of it and passing around cigars...

Kelli

Back
Top Bottom