where can i get a hygrometer with probe?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by spish, Dec 27, 2010.

  1. spish

    spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

    Apr 7, 2010
    ive searched ebay for one of those hygrometers with the long probe as the standard ones (without probe thi,g) wont fit in my bator, but can only find ones from china/hong kong and have had trouble with products from there so wish to avoid them...

    any ideas? (please dont say walmart as we dont have them over here so preferably somewhere online and somewhere that doesnt charge a fortune?)
  2. joyous

    joyous Chillin' With My Peeps

    Oct 3, 2009
    Davenport, Iowa
    saw them on amazon today.
  3. HEChicken

    HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

    Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  4. spish

    spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

    Apr 7, 2010
    Quote:that is just what im looking for! didnt think to look on ebay.com...looked on ebay.co.uk, ebay.be, ebay.de......doh!

    edit - oh maybe not...just looked at the estimated delivery dates....'Between Wed. Feb. 9 and Wed. Feb. 23' and thats for in the US! would dread to think what the delivery date be for belgium then! i dont think thats really coming from the states...looks similar to the ones listed coming from china...

    edit 2......just noticed your edit...yup its coming from hong kong so will definatly skip that one! thanks for looking though i appreciate it [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  5. rebelcowboysnb

    rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

    I have yet to see any of these that read humidity with the probe. The main unit has to be in there to read humidity.
  6. greenriver

    greenriver Chillin' With My Peeps

    Dec 19, 2010
    Wilmington, Il
  7. kathyinmo

    kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

    I have not searched myself, but I wrote this down.... I read it somewhere...

    More accurate hygrometer brands are: Kestrel, BK, or Fluke.
  8. dwegg

    dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

    I just finished using a temp/hygrometer with the probe thing. Yes the whole unit has to be in the bator to read the humidity, the probe only reads the temp...the unit reads the humidity. I got mine from Lowes and it was pretty accurate...it was called Acurite
    See it there..the whole unit goes on...
  9. spish

    spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

    Apr 7, 2010
    managed to track one down on ebay uk, (none probe but small enough to fit in) its for terrariums and incubators apparantly so fingers crossed its a bit reliable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by