Where can I send a dead pheasant for autopsy....

k4eqh

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 28, 2012
Waterloo, Alabama 35677
I had a pheasant die this morning from unknown reasons....Is there a place that I can have an autopsey done to
find out the cause of death. I dont know where to go with this, so mabe someone on here has had the same
problem and direct me to the best way to handle it.....I have the pheasant in the freezer to hold for future examination.
Thankx alot in advance.......................t.turner Waterloo, Al.

You are in Alabama, so check with the state. Maybe the Alabama Department of Public Health. Or maybe a university.

Bullitt - samidodamage - and others.................

Thankyou for the information so far....I have removed her from the freezer, (not frozen) and moved her to a refrigerator in my
"man cave" and will try and connect with the information provided in a day or two......I am new at this, and have lost a couple of
birds already to misc conditions, and getting tired of not knowing why......Guess I will have to get with it and get real serious
about what to do about these type of things. We do not have an averian vet in this area. (nearest publasized on is in Mobile,
Alabama).....but short of getting a microscope and learning how to do an autopsy. I need to find someone that can recognize
what the problems are. I HATE loosing my birds when it isnt necessary. It is NEVER necessary. I will find an answer to this
\problem................Thankx everyone for the help..................t.turner k4eqh

Back
Top Bottom