Where did they come from...part deux

KettermanHillCoop

Crowing
5 Years
Oct 23, 2017
Pennsylvania
Okay...I can't even believe this is happening to me AGAIN! (See link under my post for "Where did they come from?")

Not chickens this time...but a single bunny. I found a baby bunny INSIDE my warehouse. I have no idea where it came from other than coming through the open bay doors. As with the chickens I rescued, this is not a safe environment for critters. Tractor trailers, delivery trucks...and an interstate, a stone's throw away...

I have plenty of room to release at home...plenty of rabbits, squirrels and chipmunks around. Have rabbits that live in the one storage barn and under one of the sheds...plus who knows where else.

Question...what can I do for this little fella to get him back into the wild safely? Is he ready now or must I wait until he's bigger? What can I feed him? Will he drink from a chick waterer?

Help!

20180525_103231.jpg

If you have a wildlife center close, I would take him there. They will determine if he needs any additional care, and will find a good place to release him when/if he is ready.
The one linked above is about 16 miles away. They are great folks there...but I know they take care of soooo many animals. If the bunny is fine to go it on his own, I'd rather do that. I'd hate to have to put an unnecessary burden on the Red Creek folks.

Check the warehouse next few days for more brothers and sisters. Then release by your home or away from dangerous areas so lil ones can have their place in nature.
A long time ago a family member was keeping rabbits as pets. They found lil babies of the wild variety and rescued them. They did not thrive in captivity and all expired after a while. Final conclusion,,,,,,,,,,, the pet type thrived, and the wild type did not. so in best interest, need to be released.
KettermanHillCoop,, :hugs

Back
Top Bottom