Where did they come from...part deux

KettermanHillCoop

Crowing
5 Years
Oct 23, 2017
Pennsylvania
Okay...I can't even believe this is happening to me AGAIN! (See link under my post for "Where did they come from?")

Not chickens this time...but a single bunny. I found a baby bunny INSIDE my warehouse. I have no idea where it came from other than coming through the open bay doors. As with the chickens I rescued, this is not a safe environment for critters. Tractor trailers, delivery trucks...and an interstate, a stone's throw away...

I have plenty of room to release at home...plenty of rabbits, squirrels and chipmunks around. Have rabbits that live in the one storage barn and under one of the sheds...plus who knows where else.

Question...what can I do for this little fella to get him back into the wild safely? Is he ready now or must I wait until he's bigger? What can I feed him? Will he drink from a chick waterer?

Help!

20180525_103231.jpg

Update: After chatting with others about the baby bunny. I was afraid to release it right away because of how tiny it was compared to the other rabbits in the yard. I wanted to give the little guy a fighting chance in "the wild". I housed it in the "hospital box" I had for Cleo. It ate clover like a champ and showed no signs of any injuries or anything. I monitored it to see how well it ate, drank and pooped. All was well, so I had planned on releasing the little guy this weekend in our random log pile up by the chicken coop. My theory was, protective cover from the logs yet right on the grass line where clover and "pig ears" grew rampantly.

Well...today I released my soft little friend ahead of schedule. Another little bunny, the same size, showed up at the house this morning. So I released my little friend next to this new bunny. They hopped off together. :love I feel much better knowing that there's at least another bunny the same age that he can hang out with and explore the "wilds" with together.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom