Where did they come from...part deux

Check the warehouse next few days for more brothers and sisters. Then release by your home or away from dangerous areas so lil ones can have their place in nature.
A long time ago a family member was keeping rabbits as pets. They found lil babies of the wild variety and rescued them. They did not thrive in captivity and all expired after a while. Final conclusion,,,,,,,,,,, the pet type thrived, and the wild type did not. so in best interest, need to be released.
KettermanHillCoop,, :hugs

Oh my, yes...the little fella is going back to the wild. As much as I want to cuddle and love him...I am refraining. I have him in the "hospital room" right now, under my desk at work. I put a layer of shavings in the bottom of the box. A container of water. A dish of clover. Spread grass here and there. He's been eating the clover like a champ. Have yet to see him touch the water though.

I've been making trips through the parts warehouse to look for siblings...but nothing yet. I'm going to sprinkle coffee creamer (don't have any flour or cornstarch here at work) in the spot where I found this one to see if I see any feetie prints tomorrow.

If you have a garden you value I would advise against releasing it near your home. Bunnies are cute and all, but they are my enemy ;) and reproduce like, well, rabbits!
Eh...I have all sorts of critters around my place. One more rabbit won't make a difference. lol Vinegar soaked cotton balls in a film case with a puncture hole in the lid keeps the critters from munching on my grub...for the most part.

Update: After chatting with others about the baby bunny. I was afraid to release it right away because of how tiny it was compared to the other rabbits in the yard. I wanted to give the little guy a fighting chance in "the wild". I housed it in the "hospital box" I had for Cleo. It ate clover like a champ and showed no signs of any injuries or anything. I monitored it to see how well it ate, drank and pooped. All was well, so I had planned on releasing the little guy this weekend in our random log pile up by the chicken coop. My theory was, protective cover from the logs yet right on the grass line where clover and "pig ears" grew rampantly.

Well...today I released my soft little friend ahead of schedule. Another little bunny, the same size, showed up at the house this morning. So I released my little friend next to this new bunny. They hopped off together. :love I feel much better knowing that there's at least another bunny the same age that he can hang out with and explore the "wilds" with together.

Last edited:
Update: After chatting with others about the baby bunny. I was afraid to release it right away because of how tiny it was compared to the other rabbits in the yard. I wanted to give the little guy a fighting chance in "the wild". I housed it in the "hospital box" I had for Cleo. It ate clover like a champ and showed no signs of any injuries or anything. I monitored it to see how well it ate, drank and pooped. All was well, so I had planned on releasing the little guy this weekend in our random log pile up by the chicken coop. My theory was, protective cover from the logs yet right on the grass line where clover and "pig ears" grew rampantly.

Well...today I released the my soft little friend ahead of schedule. Another little bunny, the same size, showed up at the house this morning. So I released my little friend next to this new bunny. They hopped off together. :love I feel much better knowing that there's at least another bunny the same age that he can hang out with and explore the "wilds" with together.
:wee:love

Well...today I released the my soft little friend ahead of schedule. Another little bunny, the same size, showed up at the house this morning. So I released my little friend next to this new bunny. They hopped off together. :love I feel much better knowing that there's at least another bunny the same age that he can hang out with and explore the "wilds" with together.

Awwwwww :love

Back
Top Bottom