Where did you first meet your Husband/Wife?

In the newspaper personals
hide.gif
not married but together 10 years and 1 son. It was ment to be is all I can say, I think the only reason we hadnt met before then was the 10 year age difference. We know so many of the same people its crazy. Alot of those years were not so good but we always came back together and made it work.

Last edited:
I met my DH while he was doing some farm work for my parents...I was just 14 and he was almost 30!

We have been together for almost 31 years now........ 6 kids and 1 grandkid! I have a very wonderful life!
love.gif

I met my first DH in college. We were together for a year and married. He went in the service and we had two children. He decided he liked other women more than me, so we divorced 4 years later. I was working at a conveniece store and taking care of 2 small children. My now DH came walking in one day and was fussing(jokingly) because I did not have his brand of cigarettes. At the time, he was living with someone. He would come by the store everyday before he went to work.We talked everyday for a year. He broke up with his live-in and we met at the racetrack one night. We have been inseparable ever since. He has been a great dad even though they were not his biological children. We have been together 18 years and married 14 years in July. We also have two grandchildren and he is a great Papa!

I was managing a restaurant. He was the owner's *fussy* friend. He was so particular that some of the waitresses couldn't get his order right. I tried to explain to them that what he wanted was simple enough: I understood. Often, I just placed his order myself.
Well, I have been waiting on him and understanding his wants for 19 years now... (and vice-versa. I get coffee in bed EVERYDAY). I like to say that because he demands excellence, he held out for me!

We met on a horse listserv (remember, like back before there were websites and bbs and this sort of forum? back in the dark ages of the 1990s?
tongue.png
). Purely as passing acquaintances for years and years.

Neither of us remembers what year we first met in person. Well, we both remember all right, but we remember *differently*
tongue.png

I think it was in April 1998. It was as spectators at a big horse competition in KY (Rolex, in fact, for any eventers out there). We said 'hi'. That was it.

Didn't start actually dating until 2001, got married 2002, house 2003, first kid 2004, another one in 2007, and here we are now
tongue.png

Pat

At a party in California when I was 14 and he was 16. I was there on vacation after my parent's got divorced and his friend invited me to this party. So I went with his friend and my husband-to-be someday took some blonde bimbo
tongue.png
At some point during the party our dates hooked up with each other so we were left hanging out together. That was 28 years ago
love.gif

My dh and I met in high school. He asked me out several times, but I was always dating someone else. A few months after we graduated he starting coming into a resteraunt where I worked. I had so much fun talking to him that I mentioned to a friend that I should have gone out with him when I had the chance. She told him and he asked me out! We dated for four years and we have been married for 12 years. We have 2 boys. My dh is my best friend. Should have gone out with him sooner!

We both took care of racehorses at the track. He was to shy to talk to me. Every morning when I came in my horses still had water in their buckets. Why are these horses not drinking? He was getting up extra eary to water my horses so I wouldnt have to haul heavy water buckets!.....39years.

Back
Top Bottom