Where do I go to find good show quality silkies?

I just decided to buy the best hatching eggs that I find and hatch my silkies out myself. This avioded the whole shipping issue. I worked!!! I have four gorgeous splash and cuckoo silkies brooding in my bathroom right now! Blessings, Keri

Hey there,

I just wanted to add that I also have gotten birds from Bobbi, and her stock is awesome! And she is such a terrific person to work with.

--The rooster in my avatar is 1/2 Bobbi Porto stock----a grandson chick?

And Bobbi if you're out there listening I am still hoping to get a Splash rooster from you some time down the road. :)

One thing I would also like to recommend to anyone wanting silkies... I just found its better to buy a pair or trio to get started with from a breeder before going through the trials of buying hatching eggs. Not that you shouldn't buy hatching eggs....but you might find it easier as a newbie working with eggs from birds in you're own backyard.

Take Care,
Bill.

Last edited:
Hi y'all
I know I never get on BYC, but I thought I'd let you know I will be advertising some of my 5 mo Splash, Blue, Black and Buff on eggbid soon. I'm in the process of taking pics.
Between chores and emails and showing my dogs it might take a bit for me to get back to you, but keep trying! My AOL has been messing up and deleted a bunch of emails.
Have a great day! Bobbi www.IndigoEgg.US
Check out my Feb2010 and Spring 2010 pages from my Good News page. There are some pictures of the new boys.

Hey, I've heard of Bat Cave
smile.png
There is a link to Alan's site on my main page or Silkies page. Have a great day!
Quote:

Great link with lots of names of top breeders- I had to post so I could find again when I have room in my Bator
tongue.png

I would love some Silkies in a couple of months. Not into showing but would like pet quality. Nervous about looking on Craigslist because I would like healthy, well raised stock from someone who is into the breed. I am in the PNW. Know of anyone on the west coast?

Quote:
There are a few people with silkies on here in the PNW. Im in portland, or

CL isn't a bad place if you are just looking for pet stock. I know there is a breeder n Kalama who posts there all the time.
I got a white from her last summer and am very happy with the bird. She even delivered free all the way to portland so she could look at some of the chicks I had for sale.
Hatchery wise however were limited. Closest I found is Ideal Poultry in Tx.

However I did order chicks in the middle of July and even though the post office lost them for an extra day (3 days in shipping in summer heat) I got them all safe and sound.
I never lost a single chick they sent me other than to my pool...... RIP
hit.gif
The rest are very friendly and healthy.
I will be ordering som egg producers from them again after new years when chick season starts again.

Back
Top Bottom