Where do you buy wood chips?

COOPhilly

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Flourtown PA
Last year when I had new chicks I looked all over for the right wood chips and was never successful in finding the right kind.

Where do you buy wood chips that are good for new chicks? I'm expecting a new batch from McMurray's Feb 9th.

Thanks all.
smile.png

Thanks. There seems to be a few within about an hour of me. It will give me a good reason to try out my new gps navigator.

Quote:
If you want to try out the GPS try Oxford,Pa Oxford Feed and Grain, get the chips in the paper bag, not the plastic bag, TSC tends to leave thier chips outside, and wrapped in plastic doenst mean they stay dry, just that when they get wet it takes that much more to dry them out.

What kind of chicks ya getting??

edited because i cant spell

Last edited:
Good plan. I go up and down Route 1 every so often (grew up in Baltimore, live near Philly). I like the idea of the brown paper bag rather than plastic.

I'm part of a group and we have over 40 chicks coming. I'll be raising wyandottes and easter eggers and black rocks and some others for other people but what I'm really excited about is that we're also getting 4-5 Welsummer chicks from Whitmore Farm.

Back
Top Bottom