Where do you keep your brooder?

Family room, but only until inside and outside temps match up. Getting a little cooler now, so the latest two might be in a little longer than the last batch.

Mine are out in the sunroom. Nice and warm during the day and out of the main living areas of the house. But the kids (and Me too) spend a lot of time out there just watching them!

My brooder goes in the stable which has been converted to an aviary!! I have it in the corner woth a lamp and then move them into more space as they get bigger, still with the lamp but not in the brooder box.

Mine started out in a shed, actually DH's harley shed and the harley lived on the screened porch for 2 weeks.
Then it started getting too hot in the shed during the day and we couldn't leave the door open due to predators - namely the cat.
We moved them, their brooder and their draft guard to the screened porch.

For now mine are in the spare bedroom. I'll probably move them in about 3 weeks (they are only 1 week so far)
Once they get really messy, they'll be moved out to the upstairs of the garage (converted to barn w/stalls and coops downstairs)... The upstairs has a small furnace, as it used to be a carpenter shop.
I can keep it cleaner there and warm as well, even in the cold Maine winters.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom