Where does everyone buy their grit.....what size?

Quote:
Oyster shell is actually a calcium boost for the chickens to help with shell production and not grit. I already have clacium in their layer food and their shells are hard enought, so I don't think they need any of it. I did order a 5 lb bag of grit that should be in any day. I found the gravel and grit for pet birds by Hartz, so I'm giving them that until the grit comes in. Hope to see if another feed store in my area carries it. I still can't beleive a store as big as Rural King doesn't carry it.

Quote:
That is a funny vision of you going down the road with all those chicken supplies, plus spinning wheels.

I don't think we have a Farm and Fleet in our area. We only have small local feed stores and Rural King
is about 30 miles away. The closest feed store just stopped selling chicken supplies.
sad.png
I found out about another one that's closer then Rural King, so I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what kind of chicken supplies that they carry. The other closest feed store only sells cracked corn and not layer crumbles. So once a month I go to Rural King and stock up on Chicken food, pine shavings for the coop.

I bought chick grit at our local Rural King (Xenia, Oh), maybe yours could start carrying it too. Mine are 13 weeks old now. I don't know if they carry bigger sizes, this was in the baby chick area, not by the regular feed.

Who &, more importantly, where is fleet farm? They do not seem to be a sponsor. I have a question...is commercial bird seed ok to feed chickens?

Back
Top Bottom